Main Menu

Those w/TTI Exhaust Experience - Please Enter

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, April 28, 2017, 06:44:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7212Mopar

Thanks everyone for your inputs. Problem is the tailpiece of the header that is straight and continue pointing down. Even if I can roll the pipe. The 45 degree angle piece would still be at the same elevation which is lowest part. The x pipe is actually angle upward. The custom exhaust tailpiece is parallel to the car instead of pointing down. Will see how it goes after getting car running. A custom tailpiece should fix the problem. May be make a cut at the top half of the tailpiece, bend it close and then weld it back up.

Transmission angle should be fine and no odd angles at the U joints.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Daveh

Hey Guys,

I'm running into the same problem on my 340 with the Tremec TKO 600. This is in my 71 Challenger convertible.  The front pipes angle down and don't sit tucked up high enough like 7212Mopar indicated.  I've noticed this a lot when looking at cars with the Tremec conversion.  I spoke with Sam at TTI who by the way was super helpful.  He said that the Tremec's don't sit high enough in the tunnel plus the big case doesn't allow the exhaust to sit flush. 

He asked if I could move the trans up any further and I said no.  Besides my driveline angles are spot on and I don't want to mess with them.  So that being said what he's doing for me is making me a set of reducers that have a 6 degree angle bend to them so the exhaust doesn't hang so low.  He's being really fair with the pricing also.  I should get them next week I will give you an update then.  :fingerscrossed:

303 Mopar

Quote from: Daveh on February 09, 2018, 02:04:06 PM
So that being said what he's doing for me is making me a set of reducers that have a 6 degree angle bend to them so the exhaust doesn't hang so low.  He's being really fair with the pricing also.  I should get them next week I will give you an update then.

Great customer service!  It sounds like he recognizes there is a problem and is willing to work with you to fix it.  I wouldn't be surprised to see TTI offer these new reducers if you have a small block - Tremec set up.  :clapping: :worship:

RUNCHARGER

And people say service is a thing of the past. One things for sure I will NEVER buy a set of Hooker headers again.
Sheldon

7212Mopar

Got the TTI custom 6 degrees header adapters installed the other day. Now is nicely tuck up against the floor pan. Everything clears and so much better than before.  :banana: May be TTI can make it as an option when people order the exhaust system. Thanks for everyone input and help.

Here are the after pictures.

Daveh

I'm glad it worked out of you like me.  Good luck. 

7212Mopar

Thanks Daveh for sharing your fix to the problems.

I got the O2 bungs option for my headers factory welded to the header collectors by TTI. They are located at 9 and 3 positions. So when the O2 sensor is installed, it will be horizontal. I think most O2 sensor manufacturer calls for 10 to 15 degrees above horizontal. I will be installing a wideband sensor to monitor AF ratio and tune the carb. Will need to see how that goes.

bennydodge

Very cool! Looks like a winner. I'll be calling TTI today and hopefully get a set as well. Thanks a bunch, 7212Mopar, and my 73 thanks you also. :twothumbsup:
1973 Challenger 340
2015 Challenger R/T classic B5, wife's car
2010 Dodge 3500 dually
2016 Hellcat Challenger Redline Red A8

7212Mopar

Thanks goes to Dave who worked out the fix with TTI. I just followed and fixed mine. Just keep everything loose and gently raise the x pipe. It will line up perfect.

Daveh

I'm glad I was finally able to contribute after you guys helping me out for all of these years.  :yes:

Dave

bennydodge

Thanks as well then to Dave! Appreciate the effort on your part. I know 12 years ago when I talked to TTI they were not to helpful, it seems things are different now.
1973 Challenger 340
2015 Challenger R/T classic B5, wife's car
2010 Dodge 3500 dually
2016 Hellcat Challenger Redline Red A8

Rumple

I have the tti 2.5" system. Bought it with the dynomax super turbos. They weren't aggressive enough so I pulled them off and had Spintech Prostreets installed. I like it a lot better now.

Shane Kelley

I ordered a set as well. While my system wasn't as bad as some of you guys had. It definitely pulled everything up nice and tight to the floor. TTI should probably start providing them with their systems.  :alan2cents:

Wayne

Thought I would add to this thread.  Looking to add TTi 1 7/8" headers on my low deck cuda.  Curious how close the headers are to the passenger side inner frame rail?  If anyone has any pictures I either appreciate it.  I want to route my fuel line up the frame rail but not sure how much space there is with those headers

1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Wayne on November 23, 2019, 06:17:09 PM
Thought I would add to this thread.  Looking to add TTi 1 7/8" headers on my low deck cuda.  Curious how close the headers are to the passenger side inner frame rail?  If anyone has any pictures I either appreciate it.  I want to route my fuel line up the frame rail but not sure how much space there is with those headers

I put a set on a A body with a 383. Should have plenty of room with that. Only pics I have of that area.