Main Menu

Those w/TTI Exhaust Experience - Please Enter

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, April 28, 2017, 06:44:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

This is mine. The X kind of works the same.
BTW, am I the only guy that wants to take a can of black spray paint to every TTI rear muffler hangar that I follow?
Sheldon

mopar jack

I agree the rear hanger is ugly and requires black paint to try and hide it! The cuda tips may be great quality but if you ever had original tips the tti's will never look right and tti  won't admit that they look wrong. When I bought my tti kit for my 71 cuda I ordered the dyamax mufflers and on the first start I had a garage full of fiberglass floating around in the air and wondering what the hell just happened! Called tti and confirmed they are glass packed.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 12, 2018, 07:40:03 PM
BTW, am I the only guy that wants to take a can of black spray paint to every TTI rear muffler hangar that I follow?

You aren't alone, my hangers are BLACK [now].
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Convertcuda

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on January 13, 2018, 05:30:30 PM

Painted my black also. Looking for a solution of how to get the TTi tips to look straight? I will I could cut the tips off and flange them so I could rotate them to fit better in the hole. Anyone else ever do this?

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Convertcuda on January 13, 2018, 07:07:33 PM
Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on January 13, 2018, 05:30:30 PM

Painted my black also. Looking for a solution of how to get the TTi tips to look straight? I will I could cut the tips off and flange them so I could rotate them to fit better in the hole. Anyone else ever do this?

You should be able to roll the tube coming out of the muffler to get the tip to be parallel to the valance. Though after some heat cycles, that may be a tad difficult to rotate.
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

RUNCHARGER

What I did is loosen the clamps and then used an oil filter strap wrench to twist the tailpipe slightly to rotate the tip.
Sheldon

7212Mopar

I jacked up the car again this afternoon to see what I can do to the TTI exhaust system. My X pipe was installed just like the other pictures post in this thread and there is nothing that can be done to raise the X pipe section. It seems like that was the way TTI designed the X pipe to meet the tail piece of the headers that is pointing down slightly. I think the exhaust pipe is about an inch at the lowest point more than the header. This leaves a 2.5 to 3" gap between the top of the pipe and the cross member. I think TTI could had designed and transition the pipe 2" closer to the cross member without problem. The rest of the system after the X pipe is fine. Will find out if there is any road clearance issue when I get the car running. May need to visit a muffler shop to correct. Anyone have clearance issue?
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

1 Wild R/T

Two things about TTI that I dislike, the butt ugly axle hangers... I trashed em, use a very basic virtually invisible mount... And the fact that after paying twice as much for their tips I had to sand & polish the tips to remove their advertising.... 

Convertcuda

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on January 14, 2018, 01:11:23 AM
Two things about TTI that I dislike, the butt ugly axle hangers... I trashed em, use a very basic virtually invisible mount... And the fact that after paying twice as much for their tips I had to sand & polish the tips to remove their advertising....

Can you take a picture of your hanger and give us the brand name or part number.  I would like to see what you came up with. I think there way to big myself.

Thanks

RUNCHARGER

I just used standard repro hangars with generic 3 inch muffler clamps on my Orange car. The TTI hangars are good quality but I found it hard to get them to sit level which isn't an issue with stock hangars and stock style clamps. Sorry I can't find pictures.
Sheldon

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 7212Mopar on January 13, 2018, 11:14:58 PM
I jacked up the car again this afternoon to see what I can do to the TTI exhaust system. My X pipe was installed just like the other pictures post in this thread and there is nothing that can be done to raise the X pipe section. It seems like that was the way TTI designed the X pipe to meet the tail piece of the headers that is pointing down slightly. I think the exhaust pipe is about an inch at the lowest point more than the header. This leaves a 2.5 to 3" gap between the top of the pipe and the cross member. I think TTI could had designed and transition the pipe 2" closer to the cross member without problem. The rest of the system after the X pipe is fine. Will find out if there is any road clearance issue when I get the car running. May need to visit a muffler shop to correct. Anyone have clearance issue?

Looks to me like you could roll the header pipes and get the X to come up. I used some finesse floor jack work to get my pipes to tuck up. I think you have some adjustments to make yet, everything must be kept loose until you are 100% done...
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Convertcuda on January 14, 2018, 06:03:29 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on January 14, 2018, 01:11:23 AM

Can you take a picture of your hanger and give us the brand name or part number.  I would like to see what you came up with. I think there way to big myself.

Thanks

I used these, I ground off the rivet attaching the strap to the rubber isolator & put the bolt through the rivet hole....

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-35103/overview/

nsmall

@7212Mopar

I have a small block with TTI headers and I had custom exhaust put on. Not sure if any of this helps but I just thought I'd share the photos of what it looks like.  I have almost 7 inches of clearance.

bennydodge

Quote from: 7212Mopar on January 13, 2018, 11:14:58 PM

My TTI exhaust system looks EXACTLY like yours. I too have a 73 Challenger 340. The header collectors angle downward, making it tough for the x-pipe to tuck up near the floorpan. I scrape over speed bumps and steep entrance ramps almost every time. I talked to TTI about it and they said it's my car-something about Edelbrock heads and Mity Mounts engine mounts.
1973 Challenger 340
2015 Challenger R/T classic B5, wife's car
2010 Dodge 3500 dually
2016 Hellcat Challenger Redline Red A8

shawge

Is the transmission angle correct? My headers were pointing downward with the TKO att 5 degrees and leveled out at 3 degrees.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet