Main Menu

Forum was down for a bit....

Started by Cuda Cody, August 30, 2017, 07:21:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 30, 2017, 07:21:04 AM
Last night around 12:30 the hosting company had an issue with a node on our server and our site went down.  They did some maintenance to that node and we lost service.  I spoke to them again at 4:30 am and they had gotten the website back up, but not the Forum.  Just got off the phone with them (about 7:30) and it looks like they have everything working again.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused for anyone.

And thank you to all the let me know if was down.  I truly appreciate you taking the time to contact me to let me know if was not working.  Please, anytime you see something that is not right contact me on my cell 360-772 five five five five or my email codyreich@comcast.net.  You can reach me through text or Facebook too.  https://www.facebook.com/Cody.Reich.Cuda

Cody is " DA MAN "     :bravo:

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Well here on the  East Coast, like several,storms we have had,,,...slept right thru the whole thing.!, But thanks for all your efforts.

rebelyell

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 30, 2017, 07:21:04 AM
Last night around 12:30 the hosting company had an issue with a node on our server and our site went down.  They did some maintenance to that node and we lost service.  I spoke to them again at 4:30 am and they had gotten the website back up, but not the Forum.  Just got off the phone with them (about 7:30) and it looks like they have everything working again.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused for anyone.

And thank you to all the let me know if was down.  I truly appreciate you taking the time to contact me to let me know if was not working.  Please, anytime you see something that is not right contact me on my cell 360-772 five five five five or my email codyreich@comcast.net.  You can reach me through text or Facebook too.  https://www.facebook.com/Cody.Reich.Cuda

That's dedication right there!  :bravo:

Topcat

I was starting to get flashbacks from when I recall another website we all know well that crashed quite often.  :haha:

I sent CODY a heads up this morning myself. 

Cuda Cody

Just an FYI, the site might go down for about 3 to 8 minutes this afternoon while the hosting company resets our private network now that the Node repair is done.   :wrenching:

Cuda Cody

Just an update on the server node.  We were moved to a new node on the server on the 31st, however it's not working very well.  Something is causing it to max out the memory and you might be experiencing some slow downs.  For the last 5 days I have been working with the hosting company to get it fix.  I promise I will get the site back up and working at the top end performance soon. 

This is just a notice in case anyone was expecting any slow downs.  Depending on your location you might not experience any slow downs at all.  Other might see a 10 or 15 second delay on some things.   :sorry:

anlauto

It's been slow for me...I was going to let you know, but I've been busy too
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

It has been slow for me too, also it seems the ads are interrupting performance.  Sometimes the ads force my screen to the bottom of the page repeatedly.

HP_Cuda

It's kinda been off and on for slowdowns lately and I assume it's based on load.

Sounds like you might be running into some memory leak problems.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Roadman

Quote from: 303 Mopar on September 05, 2017, 01:39:24 PM
It has been slow for me too, also it seems the ads are interrupting performance.  Sometimes the ads force my screen to the bottom of the page repeatedly.

:iagree:              :rebelflag"

1 Wild R/T

Yup, expected, growing pains.. the site still rocks!

Cuda Cody

As soon as they moved us to a new node to fix the issue they had with it going down we immediately started having load / slow issues.  They are working to figure out what is causing it.   Each day they tell me it's fixed close the ticket.  I've been very patient with them, but today I was yelling at them on the phone at them.  Not something I'm proud of, but this is day 5 and not acceptable.   :foul:

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Quote from: HP_Cuda on September 05, 2017, 01:40:25 PM
It's kinda been off and on for slowdowns lately and I assume it's based on load.

Sounds like you might be running into some memory leak problems.

That sounds like me.....................load, slowdown and memory leak............ :notsure:

HP_Cuda

Let me guess, these guys don't have many nodes and you are also seeing a rob Peter to pay Paul effect here.

Ask to have your site moved to it's own node or you will go elsewhere.

:pokeeye:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Roadman

Yea, we need our own NODE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What ever the heck a NODE is.   :haha: :rofl:         :rebelflag"