Main Menu

Is the Forum working OK for you guys tonight?

Started by cataclysm80, September 18, 2017, 07:41:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaMoparRay

Cuda Cody

Super large photos sometimes will give the resizing program built in to our site some trouble.  @cataclysm80  Can you email me the photo you are having issue with so I can run some tests with it?  codyreich@comcast.net

Quote from: cataclysm80 on September 18, 2017, 11:53:02 PM
The one picture I was trying to upload still won't upload, but other images seem to be uploading fine, and typing/editing is working smoothly.

340challconvert

At times, the page seems to want to reload (the reload circle icon on top of the page keeps blinking)
It keeps trying to move the page down to the ads. I think.
It was also slow to load a page.
Doesn't happen all the time.

I went to other web sites to make sure it wasn't something with my computer.  No problems elsewhere  (I often surf between the different Mopar sites at the same time)
It seems as if the page wants to move to a different part of the page or reload.
Again though, not all the time.
Just my experiences.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Cuda Cody

Quote from: 340challconvert on September 19, 2017, 07:48:02 AM
At times, the page seems to want to reload (the reload circle icon on top of the page keeps blinking)  Yes, you are 100% correct.  That is the ads Google sells for us.  Sorry some of them can be very annoying.  I will see if I can get google to only sell static ads.  It might lower the amount we get for the prize shop, but I think we'll be fine.  It happens to me too and I hate it.

I went to other web sites to make sure it wasn't something with my computer.  No problems elsewhere  (I often surf between the different Mopar sites at the same time)
It seems as if the page wants to move to a different part of the page or reload.
Just my experiences.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 19, 2017, 07:54:41 AM
At times, the page seems to want to reload (the reload circle icon on top of the page keeps blinking)  Yes, you are 100% correct.  That is the ads Google sells for us.  Sorry some of them can be very annoying.  I will see if I can get google to only sell static ads.  It might lower the amount we get for the prize shop, but I think we'll be fine.  It happens to me too and I hate it.

This has been happening for me too.  It seems ever since we added a bunch more Google ads it has messed up the page loading for me.  Thank you @Cuda Cody for staying on top of this for us! 

cataclysm80

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 19, 2017, 07:21:13 AM
Can you email me the photo you are having issue with so I can run some tests with it?  codyreich@comcast.net

I tried posting that picture in the picture testing section of the forum just now, and it still didn't work.  Everything else seems to be working fine.
Sure, I emailed the pic to you and Dave Witt, who also requested it.
I noticed that the pic wouldn't preview in my email, but I could download it from the email fine.  Odd, maybe it's just this picture.
It's just a pic of the product, which I saved off the company website.  .jpg, and smaller file size than other pics I've uploaded.

Cuda Cody

Thank you for sending me the image.  It does the same thing to me.  White screen.  Not sure why the site and that image do not like each other, but I've seen this happen a couple times before.  I think it has to do with the image size.  Even though the image is not high DPI (not large) the file dimension are HUGE.  It's 14000 x 10979.  That is massive even thought the file size is low DPI and does not take up much drive space.  I'll resize it and keep the DPI and it should solve everything. 

Cuda Cody

@cataclysm80   Here's the resized image.   :bigthumb: 

cataclysm80

Awesome, Thanks!
Now I'll know what to do if I ever run into this again.

Rev-It-Up

I was having the same issue when I was trying to upload the pics for the calendar. It was also probably a size issue as some of them are really large.
Rev-It-Up

340challconvert

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 19, 2017, 07:54:41 AM

Just my experiences.

Cody, thanks for keeping after this.  Really enjoy the site.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Burdar

The site has been glitchy for me.  Long load times from the main screen and it locks up a lot.  I constantly get a message about "Only secure content displayed. Do you want to show all content?"

Cuda Cody

Dang it.  That bums me out.  I'm working with the hosting company and I thought we had most of it all working good now.   :thinking:

Quote from: Burdar on September 20, 2017, 09:36:47 AM
The site has been glitchy for me.  Long load times from the main screen and it locks up a lot.  I constantly get a message about "Only secure content displayed. Do you want to show all content?"

Roadman

Yesterday it was on and off good and bad. Today it's great.   :notsure:

Cuda Cody

I'm on the phone right now with tech seeing if we can make a few tweaks to make it faster....