Main Menu

Question About Logging In

Started by Daveh, September 19, 2017, 08:31:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey Guys,

When I open the site everyday it's makes me completely log in with my username and password.  I log in and hit the button for save password but that still doesn't work I still have to log in again.  Up until recently I had no issues it kept me logged in permanently. 

Any thoughts?  Thanks

Dave

Spikedog08

What operating system are you using? 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

blown motor

Make sure you are still set to be logged in permanently. Sometimes it reverts back to 60 minutes. You set it right beside where you enter your password.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Daveh

Typical Windows operating system.  Yes I hit the permanently every time.  Thanks

Cuda Cody

@Daveh  I'm super sorry to hear you are having trouble staying logged in.  That can be so annoying having to login each time you visit the site.  I want to see if I can help you get the site to it remembers you and you do not have to login.  Can you tell me what browser you are using?  And have you tried a different browser on the same computer?  If you have tried other browsers, what (if anything) does it do differently?

ec_co

it sounds like your browser is deleting the login cookie when you exit the browser. there is a setting, which browser are you using?
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  I think it's going to come down to a cookie setting.  If you do not have your cookies on the site will not know it's you.  Let us know what you find in your settings.   :popcorn:  We'll get this working for you again.   :yes:

ec_co

this will help point you in the right direction depending on which browser you are using (they show how to delete, but same areas). essentially you want the browser to be set to accept cookies and not to auto delete them when you close the browser. I used to do IT support (haha .... as of 3 weeks ago ... so good to be done with it for now) and I'm more than happy to walk you through the process, we can even do it over the phone, just PM me if you want.

http://www.whatarecookies.com/delete.asp

with pictures!   :bradsthumb:
https://www.howtogeek.com/111925/delete-cookies-in-the-five-most-popular-web-browsers-in-windows/
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Spikedog08

I would think just cleaning your cookies may correct the issue.  Certainly try that first.
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Daveh

Figured it out.  Under internet options the delete passwords box was checked off.  No idea how that happened.  All's good again.  Thanks

Cuda Cody

Super glad you got it figured out.   :twothumbsup: