Main Menu

site delay

Started by cuda hunter, January 11, 2022, 10:21:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I visit multiple sites.  Every other site loads with no issues with a click of the button. 

This site take 7-10 seconds to load any and every page that I ever load.  It's driving me crazy.  Makes me not even want to post questions here.  I know, what's ten seconds right?  Well, ten seconds on every click gets annoying.  I have just enough time to stare at a screen doing nothing, have a thought start in my head, and then lose it as the page finally opens up.  Over and over and over again.  It's been like this for years. 
What should I do to stop this from happening?  Is it me?  Or is it the site?   :headbang:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Maybe once a week I will get on here late at night or early in the morning and this site works just as well as ALL the other sites.    But that's gone when I return. 

It took me 40 seconds just to get back into this thread and add this comment after I clicked post on the original thread.   

I type this whole thing faster than that. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Filthy Filbert

Just took me 7 seconds for this page to load after I clicked "reply"

I notice it too.    The ads pop up right away, but the pages themselves take considerable amount of time to load.   

So no, you are not alone in this observation

cuda hunter

And now it's just fine and dandy.

I'm sure that will only last a day. Can't be anything I'm doing as nothing has changed since I started this thread.

340Challman

Quote from: cuda hunter on January 11, 2022, 11:13:53 AM
And now it's just fine and dandy.

I'm sure that will only last a day. Can't be anything I'm doing as nothing has changed since I started this thread.

It's not you cuda hunter, it is the same for me. This is the only site I have these issues with as well. It is definitely the site. Wouldn't have the faintest idea what the problem would be, but I'm sure that the people that can, are trying to resolve it.

Unfortunately, I'm with you on losing a thought or exactly how I was going to word something.  ::).  Just a hunch, but I'm thinking you are younger than me, all I can say is it only gets worse.  :verymad:   :D
Kevin

anlauto

I have the same issues here, doesn't seem to be a certain time, it's just whenever... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Same here too, and only on this forum of the ones I visit. Sometimes it's immediate, sometimes it's delayed. I've said this before, when it's longer than a couple seconds I just leave and try back later. This on going issue is very frustrating. Seems that all those past efforts (ooooh, the Germans, etc...) where for not.

Brads70

larry4406

Shane Kelley

Quote from: anlauto on January 11, 2022, 11:33:56 AM
I have the same issues here, doesn't seem to be a certain time, it's just whenever... :dunno:

Same here!

cuda hunter

Quote from: 340Challman on January 11, 2022, 11:33:32 AM
  ::).  Just a hunch, but I'm thinking you are younger than me, all I can say is it only gets worse.  :verymad:   :D

Oh please!  Please don't let it get worse.  I'm 45.  arrrgghh.  It's already getting worse. 
:haha:

Spikedog08

I do get delays at times as well . . Not so much on my tablet.  The only one that can tackle this issue is @Cuda Cody  . .  Is it a storage issue?  The host is runnin slow?  Not sure what the answer is?   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

It's whenever the a hole spammers decide to attack our site and the hosting services tries to put them in a choke hold and we all have to suffer.   :pullinghair:

cuda hunter

Interesting. 

Working just fine now.  Working just fine earlier today.

The spammers are part of the public system here.  We are watched and when we talk about it, suddenly it goes away for the first time in a week or two. 

cuda hunter

Every click takes 10 seconds to load a page. 

I literally click here, go to any of the for only sites and look at a thread topic before I come back here to look at the page that I clicked on. 
Every Day.   

Doesn't seem it is going to ever go away. 

I have a hard time giving my time to Joey  (censorship overlord owner of the foronly sites)
I won't pay for the gold status. 

I appreciate what Cody has here,   even if censorship abounds.   This is a great site, I just wish it would speed up by 10 seconds on every click.