Main Menu

Any Bikers on here ??

Started by Roadman, October 08, 2017, 04:32:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RzeroB

I've been riding since '79. Almost exclusively Japanese in-line fours. The '82-'83 Suzuki GS1100E's are my ATF's - just love the way they look. I currently have three bikes ...

A bone stock '83 GS1100E in factory red ...

A scary fast hot-rodded '83 GS1100E in factory midnight blue ...

And to make my Harley friends happy, an '06 Harley VRSCD V-Rod - in black of course.

I just could never really get into the "traditional" Harleys. I like the V-Rod though - it's kind of the "anti-Harley, Harley" being that instead of having the traditional air cooled 45 degree V-twins that all the other Harleys have, the V-Rod is a fully water cooled 60 degree V-twin. It's fast too, It's making 112 rwhp and can outrun many of the Big-Twins. Maybe that's what I like about it - it's different. 
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

@RzeroB , what is that on the 1000, external oil ine ?

RzeroB

Quote from: 73440 on October 09, 2017, 03:45:55 PM
@RzeroB , what is that on the 1000, external oil ine ?

Yeah, it's called a "top-end oiler", or TEO for short. I have bigger cams in this motor and the TEO increases the oil flow to the cams and valve train.  :slapme5:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RzeroB

Hmmm?? Thought that there would have been a lot more "dual-sport" (cars AND bikes) riders here?? :notsure:
Cheers!
Tom

cuda hunter

I bought a 2004 Harley FLSTF. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

IRON MAN

I ride a Heritage Twin Cam, big bore Screaming Eagle kit with Screaming Eagle big valve heads, 510 Crowler cams, programmable ignition, Vance & Hines exhaust, etc.  Runs like brand new. At 88,000 miles did the Screaming Eagle upgrade (100 hp) Odometer now reads 115,000 miles.

mopar thunder

I have had a few bikes thru the years. The most recent is below. I sold it a few years back but now living in Florida I am seriously thinking about getting another bike for some quiet road trips down back roads. Probably can't afford another Harley so a sport bike will be the ticket.

RzeroB

Another V-Rod!! An "A" model?? That's nice ... too bad you sold it ... but you can always get another one!!  :ohyeah:
Cheers!
Tom

IRON MAN

I recently test rode a 2018 Road Glide Milwaukee "8". Plenty of power. The salesman said the V-rod and DynaGlide were discontinued, never to be offered again. Too bad. I liked both bikes. My neighbor saw it coming and two months ago bought their last 2017 DynaGlide

Husk Challenger

When i was a kid i used to do off road motorbike with my father. Then racing bike...side-car and road!

Here's two of my last motorbikes and side car race with my father
-Martin 1000J Kawazaki
-1100 Gsxr 89'
-Side Car 1000 Bmw (60's replica) during a race

Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

RzeroB

:o  That side-car stuff is just nuts!!  :looney:

With just a bike it's one thing hanging off your seat, but with that side-car you better have STRONG hands!!  :yes:
Cheers!
Tom

IRON MAN

Several years ago got rid of my raked hardtail Triumph 650s.

Jim AAR

I raced dirt bikes from 10 to 18 and then bought and rebuilt a couple of HD Sportsters.

I had tons of fun on them, kinda surprised i'm still here, there were a lot of crazy times......... :unbelievable:

cuda hunter

finally made room for the fat boy in the garage. 

It's 55* so I went for a little ride before parking it back in the garage for the next 4 months. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee