Main Menu

*** MEMBER MAP *** New feature on our forum!

Started by Cuda Cody, August 07, 2017, 11:57:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

@ViperMan  hold down the "Ctrl" key and select "F5".  That will do a hard refresh and you will get the new site settings.  I adjusted the space around the in the header tabs.  I think that was a good suggestion.  :twothumbsup:

Quote from: ViperMan on August 14, 2017, 06:27:19 AM
Hey @Cuda Cody - one suggestion: with the addition of this and a few other index items across the header at the top of the page, it now has a return-line in the middle of the header, which just makes the top of the page look a little... ...tacky...

Whaddaya think about shortening up the space between all of these links at the top so that it makes one, neat line across the top?

Just my  :alan2cents: of course!

Cuda Cody

Also, some people will still have 2 and even 3 lines of heading tabs.  It all depends on your monitor size, font size settings and pixels.  A neat tip if you want to change the size of your screen.  Hold down "Ctrl" and hit the Minus or Plus keys (- or +) to adjust the size of your screen.

ViperMan

Hey @Cuda Cody so I refreshed as instructed and it moved the "Member Map" link up to the first row, but left "Logout" and "Prize Shop" on the second row.

On a whim, I shrunk my browser zoom down to 80% and that put everything on one line, but the text became pretty small even for my 20/20 vision.  :)

What zoom are you using on your browser?  Is your text smaller than mine?  Just curious.

First pic below is "standard view" for me, second is at 80%.

ViperMan

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 15, 2017, 11:31:09 AM
Also, some people will still have 2 and even 3 lines of heading tabs.  It all depends on your monitor size, font size settings and pixels.  A neat tip if you want to change the size of your screen.  Hold down "Ctrl" and hit the Minus or Plus keys (- or +) to adjust the size of your screen.

Ah - you posted this as I was typing my response.  :)  I keep myself a little distant from the screen since I stare at it for 9+ hours a day, so I keep things at the normal (100%) zoom to reduce strain.  :)

blown motor

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 15, 2017, 11:31:09 AM

You can also hold the Ctrl button and scroll with the mouse wheel.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

We moved 2 tabs and the replaced them with the Resources and Member Map.  So that is why it grew.  Even at a 0 space setting it still does not fit on one line.  Plus we have a few more really cool features that we will be adding to the heading in the next year or two so it's going to grow again.  If it makes you feel any better, it is 3 lines on one of my home computers that has a normal old monitor. 

Shoooter

just found this. this is awesome. looks like I'm the farthest north in Canada so far!

CudaMoparRay

Still can't believe there is only two of us in Southern California. We used to be the car capitol of the world lol

Cuda Cody

I know a few of our members are down in the LA area.   I'll see them at Spring Fling  :bigthumb:   :pokeeye: 

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on September 23, 2017, 12:46:14 AM
Still can't believe there is only two of us in Southern California. We used to be the car capitol of the world lol

Spikedog08

Hmmm I always thought I lived in the car capital of the world . . . Here in the motor city?   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Moparman82

Spent the first 30 years of my life in SoCa, only knew a handful of mopar guys in my area, been in Nebraska 5 years and got a whole crew of mopar guys already! Haha
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 23, 2017, 07:19:11 AM
I know a few of our members are down in the LA area.   I'll see them at Spring Fling  :bigthumb:   :pokeeye: 

As there are only two of us on the map in that area, just being funny, I know there are way more just not posting their location.

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Spikedog08 on September 23, 2017, 08:04:18 AM

Hmmm I always thought I lived in the car capital of the world . . . Here in the motor city?   :dunno:

You still do and are also technically correct, I was just relating to articles like these that have a different perspective:

https://noseprintsontheglass.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/southern-california-car-buff-capital-of-the-world/

http://endrebarath.com/los-angeles-is-the-car-capital-of-the-world/

torredcuda

Only one in NH so far, I know there are more E-bodies around here. :huh:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

J-Code Jeni

We surpassed 150 members on our Member Map!!  :banana:  This is such a fun feature & can't wait to use it to meet a few of you in person some day!!  :cheers: