Main Menu

Retro pics, the good old days.

Started by Roadman, January 09, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

My second Formula 340-S. I built this for my wife when we got married. Original 340-S however the automatic got turfed for a 4 speed. As usual I bought it as a bare shell. Almost 30 years ago now..
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

It's 1981 and this truck is about 2 weeks old. I just moved all the cool stuff off my 77 W-200, 440 truck onto this one.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Chryco Psycho

Chryco Psycho

:twothumbsup:
This one sits too high as well , silver grille ?

anlauto

On the first two, I love the look of the Polyglas tires on the mag wheels :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 09, 2018, 07:09:38 PM
:twothumbsup:
This one sits too high as well , silver grille ?

Its that high to clear the mud flaps.....   :banana:

Chryco Psycho

RUNCHARGER

I wish I had bought this one. It was purported to be an original X9 Hemi car. I didn't trust the seller though and didn't pursue it. It was in southern Wa. state, this was mid 80's.
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

Warming the hides. This car eventually got into the 10's. I paid $50 for it originally and it was pretty rough.
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

Not much to see here. Just an FJ6 AAR under it all. Mid 80's.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on November 11, 2018, 08:32:56 AM
I wish I had bought this one. It was purported to be an original X9 Hemi car. I didn't trust the seller though and didn't pursue it. It was in southern Wa. state, this was mid 80's.

I think that car may be here in Modesto.....  Got the VIN?  Buddy of mine picked up a TX9 69 Hemi-Charger around 90-91, TX9/white stripe/had black interior but coded for white...... 4spd.... A guy he knew out of Stockton picked it up through a lien sale when it was abandoned on the side of a road & CHP had the car impounded.....

RUNCHARGER

I never got the VIN. The seller also had a green one and told me the green one had the VIN swapped in so I didn't trust the black one either.
Sheldon

Brads70

Stockton must have had a high percentage of Mopar fans, mine came out of there also.

1 Wild R/T

Well if this is the same car all the body stampings match the Block, 4spd, VIN, Fender Tag & Broadcast Sheet.... The CHP had it towed off the side of a country road, the block was in the trunk, trans & drive shaft were still in place... No heads, crank, pistons, rods.... Missing allot but the most important stuff was there....  Unfortunately he's owned it for over 30 years & still hasn't done anything with it....  But he did just retire so I'm hoping it'll see the light of day again....  Same guy has a FY1 T/A 4spd/louvers/rally dash/3.91's  and an FC7 R/T....  None of them have been on the road, the T/A did get trailered to a car show maybe 12-13 years ago.....