Main Menu

Retro pics, the good old days.

Started by Roadman, January 09, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

anlauto

CRICKETS !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

303 Mopar

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: 750-h2 on February 22, 2019, 06:34:32 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 20, 2019, 08:58:14 PM
:bigthumb:

:wowzers: X9, Mod Top Daytona!!!

Currently being restored by Jeff Cabot in Stoney Creek ON.... I had the job of restoring the components, even had some of them here at my shop...but when I heard that Jeff was restoring the body...I gave the parts back to the owner...there was NO WAY I could restore them up to Jeff's standards....
Interesting fact: The mod top vinyl does not match anything else that Chrysler used at that time. However it's been documented that the pattern was a trial and that it was installed on the Daytona only....The owner got the original swatches directly from the guy that designed all the mod top roofs and is having one custom printed to the tune of $20K USD....

72 Challenger

Quote from: anlauto on February 22, 2019, 07:40:03 AM
Quote from: 750-h2 on February 22, 2019, 06:34:32 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 20, 2019, 08:58:14 PM
:bigthumb:

:wowzers: X9, Mod Top Daytona!!!

Currently being restored by Jeff Cabot in Stoney Creek ON.... I had the job of restoring the components, even had some of them here at my shop...but when I heard that Jeff was restoring the body...I gave the parts back to the owner...there was NO WAY I could restore them up to Jeff's standards....
Interesting fact: The mod top vinyl does not match anything else that Chrysler used at that time. However it's been documented that the pattern was a trial and that it was installed on the Daytona only....The owner got the original swatches directly from the guy that designed all the mod top roofs and is having one custom printed to the tune of $20K USD....

He has had this car for some time now? It was out in BC for awhile I believe. It's going to be a showstopper once it is finished, especially since Steve's mod top HEMI cuda is now a guaranteed gonner.
Someday I will have a J0b.

750-h2

Neat info guys! First I hear of this car. I always thought the A12 Bee was the neatest Mop Top car until I seen this one. I assume it is the only Mod Top Daytona built? 440, Hemi, auto or 4 speed?  :worship:

benlavigne

This car was not a Mod Top (Or Floral Top in Dodge-speak) from the factory, it was done at the local zone level or at the dealer when it was new.
There was a lenghty analysis in MCG a few years back...
Neat car nevertheless.

Ben

anlauto

Quote from: benlavigne on February 22, 2019, 12:39:50 PM
This car was not a Mod Top (Or Floral Top in Dodge-speak) from the factory, it was done at the local zone level or at the dealer when it was new.
There was a lenghty analysis in MCG a few years back...
Neat car nevertheless.

Ben

The top was installed  at the same factory that made all the Daytonas :alan2cents: