Main Menu

Retro pics, the good old days.

Started by Roadman, January 09, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: three two barrels on October 28, 2020, 06:50:07 PM
:bigthumb:

Funny the picture is labeled Plymouth stunt car..... It's a 64 Dodge.... Interesting that that used a convertible for the jump...

Brads70

Well.... I see 4 good cars?

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: Brads70 on October 29, 2020, 01:09:42 PM

Brad, I would take the ugly step sister.

That yellow Dodge Coronet wagon hanging off the back end. I learned to drive in a Dodge 71 station wagon, so I have some attachment there.   :bradsthumb:

Brads70

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on October 29, 2020, 01:18:46 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on October 29, 2020, 01:09:42 PM

Brad, I would take the ugly step sister.

That yellow Dodge Coronet wagon hanging off the back end. I learned to drive in a Dodge 71 station wagon, so I have some attachment there.   :bradsthumb:

Ah I thought it was a Chevy wagon.  :-[   I like wagons!

6bblgt

what, no LOVE for the Crickets?  :smile:

Brads70

three two barrels

interesting grill and bumper

Scooter

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 29, 2020, 07:37:52 PM

God that brings back memories... my buddy in HS had one. We got so many tickets in that thing it was not funny... glove box full. Expired Nevada plates... studded snow tires and nothing worked.  :))

750-h2

Remember the guy in Ontario Canada that bought a new 1971 Hemi Cuda convertible from Centennial Chrysler in Barrie.  Well he traded the Cuda a few years later for a new Cricket! :rofl:

Burdar

Quotewhat, no LOVE for the Crickets?

That light blue one above the cab would be pretty cool to have IMO.  Lower it with bigger wheels and transplant a 2.4L from an SRT-4 Neon.  It would be a blast!

RzeroB

Quote from: 750-h2 on October 30, 2020, 06:26:14 AM

Remember the guy in Ontario Canada that bought a new 1971 Hemi Cuda convertible from Centennial Chrysler in Barrie.  Well he traded the Cuda a few years later for a new Cricket! :rofl:

You mean THIS guy??  :driving:

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

three two barrels

750-h2

Quote from: RzeroB on October 30, 2020, 05:36:24 PM

You mean THIS guy??  :driving:

Yep, that's the car. If I'm not mistaken it is part of "The Brothers" collection and that pic was taken a few years ago with the original owner.

TobiasM

Quote from: three two barrels on September 09, 2020, 07:49:36 PM
why isn't this guy happy, he has a 71 Cuda!

EDIT: This reply relates to reply #3018. For whatever reason quoting did not load the intitial picture of that curious yellow 71 cuda.

Maybe he looks not happy because it does NOT just take him 3$ to fill up an empty tank to full ;-)

Picture is taken in Scandinavia, most probably in Sweden: sign to the left should read ,,ÖPPET" meaning ,,OPEN".  :sweden:

Cool car anyway. Yes, interesting billboard-job: striping looks like the Tigerduck from a German child-cartoon ,,Janosch".

The ,,strange added red backlights" are probably no lights, but reflectors: in some European countries these reflecors in the rear were/are mandatory, so a parked car could be seen better in the dark, especially when the parking-lights were not left turned on (which draw your battery empty if it is not just for some minutes).

floorit426

That sounds like my investment counselor! :stop: