Main Menu

Retro pics, the good old days.

Started by Roadman, January 09, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

three two barrels

:'(

bentpshrods

When I got my first car--1965 Chevy Impala SS at 16 (1973) my first few day 2 mods were a set of ET slotted mags with hijacker air shocks so the tires would not rub and a set of cherry bomb glass pacs.  A buddy I worked with had a 1968 super bee with a set of purple hornies on it. When these so called mufflers eventually burned out you had one loud car but you thought it still sounded cool.  To this day I paint all of the model cars that I build with red mufflers as a signature build feature.  AAHH the sound of the seventies.        :banana:

three two barrels

blown motor

That green car is a Dodge Colt. My first car was a red one, the only 4 speed I ever owned.  :haha:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

three two barrels

three two barrels

three two barrels

Brads70

I think this one was when Ian  first bought his Challenger. @jimynick
He does tend to get carried away...... :Stirring:   :D

three two barrels

jimynick

Hell no! We would've already taken those empties back for more beer! Although I might've been at that place, based on the random Crystal cases and the nearly hidden Labatts Extra Stock. :)) Remember when we used to drink the high test just to get loaded quicker? Man, those days have faded, for sure! Canadian was like type O blood, everybody could use it- and did.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

FF376

My first e body was also my first car. This is around 1991 or so. 318 column shift auto that ended up being a mildly worked over 383 / 727 my senior year. Lots of swap meet and local trading post / recycler newspaper parts. Great times!

71vert340

I was looking through some old photos and found this one of my car taken in June 1972 on the day I brought it home. I had not seen/remembered this photo before. I had seen others taken at the same time. Now I wonder why the wipers were not in the parked position.  At least now I know the Ohio license plate number I had on the car in 1972.
Terry

three two barrels

750-h2

Quote from: 71vert340 on November 26, 2020, 05:38:29 PM
I was looking through some old photos and found this one of my car taken in June 1972 on the day I brought it home. I had not seen/remembered this photo before. I had seen others taken at the same time. Now I wonder why the wipers were not in the parked position.  At least now I know the Ohio license plate number I had on the car in 1972.
Terry
1971 340 Shaker convertible!  :bigthumb: That's got to be ultra rare. [my guess under 10] Anyone know ?

three two barrels