dodgemania

RzeroB

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 03, 2018, 08:02:25 PM
Quote from: RzeroB on June 03, 2018, 03:59:20 PM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 03, 2018, 09:34:19 AM
Any guesses what this was?

I'll bite ... an R-code Hemi??  :o

Yup....

Arrrgghhh!!  :crying:  I know it's "back in the day" ... but even then, how could you let your Hemi Challenger wind up looking like that??  :pullinghair:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RzeroB on June 04, 2018, 08:07:04 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 03, 2018, 08:02:25 PM
Quote from: RzeroB on June 03, 2018, 03:59:20 PM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 03, 2018, 09:34:19 AM
Any guesses what this was?

I'll bite ... an R-code Hemi??  :o

Yup....

Arrrgghhh!!  :crying:  I know it's "back in the day" ... but even then, how could you let your Hemi Challenger wind up looking like that??  :pullinghair:

There was a reason I was able to buy a Hemi Challenger for $400......    The guy I got the car from bought it from the owner of the islands only Speed Shop.... The speed shop owner owned a few Hemi cars including two Hemi Challengers....  The Challenger was in rough shape so he decided he was gonna restore it..... Something you really shouldn't try when your in the military & on an island..... He stripped it down & had it blasted by the guys at the shipyard, probably not the best choice of equipment & operators to blast your car but it's an island so you only have so many choices.....  So, now you have a bare metal shell & the shipyard guys sprayed it with etching primer (the blue stuff) About that time he received orders for nuclear power school & had to leave the island in two weeks....  No one else was interested in a car in a million pieces......  So I bought it for $400.....  And was slowly putting it back together in the parking lot at the barracks....   When base security decided to do a sweep & get rid of all the abandoned cars.. Well in spite of the work being done it looked abandoned....    Nuff Said....

RUNCHARGER

That is a sad story but that's why they're rare. A lot of people didn't think we knew what they were back then but we did. Even in the 70's we knew the multi carb cars were special and we placed extra value on them.
Sheldon

303 Mopar

RUNCHARGER

And yet, we still haven't run out of oil 40 years later and with a world population that has doubled.
Sheldon

BIGSHCLUNK

:iagree: YEP! One of the BIGGEST scams ever on the American continent

Chryco Psycho

RzeroB

I like thing that come in pairs  :) ... and those make for a great pair!!  :yes:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

dodgemania

RzeroB

Cheers!
Tom

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

dodgemania