Main Menu

73 Cuda Tail Light Trim Ring Attachment?

Started by gzig5, May 10, 2018, 08:20:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gzig5

One of my outer trim rings has fallen off and the others are loose.  I can't see any provision for mechanical attachment like a tab, but I also don't notice any evidence of adhesive on the one that is off.  How are these attached to the plastic lens?  I assume adhesive but did a search and found nothing.

Also, does the light assembly fit through the hole in the panel with the trim ring installed?  Looks close but I didn't measure it.

nsmall

I used this glue.  Bought it at pep boys.  Probably can buy it on Amazon.  Based on what I saw underneath my original trim rings, you need some form of adhesive.

I used a toothpick, carefully dabbed it inside the trim ring, not to much as I didn't want the glue to show on the tail light.

Yes, install trim ring prior to installing tail light into the tail panel. Shouldn't have issues there unless your tail panel is damaged.

Burdar

QuoteI used this glue.  Bought it at pep boys.  Probably can buy it on Amazon.  Based on what I saw underneath my original trim rings, you need some form of adhesive.

I used a toothpick, carefully dabbed it inside the trim ring, not to much as I didn't want the glue to show on the tail light.

Yes, install trim ring prior to installing tail light into the tail panel. Should have issues there unless your tail panel is damaged.

The student has become the master! :bigthumb:

nsmall

Oh Burdar, you taught me all I know.  I give you the credit.  Since Burdar didnt disagree with me, I am thinking I answered this question properly.  Maybe someone has a better glue choice.  This one sets up pretty fast and seems strong.

gzig5

Excellent.  Thank you.  I'll take the opportunity to give the rings a light polish while they are off and then reattach them.