Main Menu

A day when history was made.

Started by js27, March 06, 2020, 06:04:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

js27

I just found this shot in one of my old albums. I forgot I had it so I scanned it. I remember watching this on TV. I was 14 years old. I am sure a lot of old timers here remember watching it also.
JS27

JS29

blown motor

I remember it but who are calling old!  :))
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

MEK-Dangerous

That was my 7th Birthday party. My Dad wouldn't let us cut the cake until he saw them walk on the moon. You can imagine my outrage. Neil Armstrong ruined my Birthday party.   :crying:

anlauto

A day when history was made................... on a back lot movie set   :Stirring: :Stirring: :Stirring: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

js27

Quote from: anlauto on March 06, 2020, 11:11:04 AM
A day when history was made................... on a back lot movie set   :Stirring: :Stirring: :Stirring: :haha:

You are one of those people--LOL Maybe they will fake the Mars landing to when they get that far..
JS27

dodj

I was 5 yrs old so I don't remember anything about it, but was in Houston last year and it was then the upcoming 50th anniversary of the landing. I learned a lot about the moon landing. I went to the Houston Space centre.  I find it amazing they made it there and back with the technology they had.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Mr Lee

Was born in '75 so I wasn't even around yet but, yeah we have better technology now in our cell phones.  Those guys had some serious balls being the first ones to go out there with such crude technology.  Serious cajones.  How far we've come in that respect.    Here's to all the pioneers.    :cheers:   
Makes me think about the ones that were the first to cross the ocean coming to this country in wooden boats.  Not knowing what, if anything was even out here.  Now, we can set out to any exact location anywhere in the country without even having to plan it out on a map first.  Just tell your phone where you wanna go and it will get you there.  It's amazing. 
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

cuda hunter

All the missions to the moon were amazing.  Those guys definitely were Brave!   A big thanks to those brave men!

I hope we walk on it again in the near future.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

7E-Bodies

I was 8 years old at the time. I'm thinking it was something like midnight in our central time zone and I'd been out playing all day and was dead tired. I distinctly remember my dad sternly telling me to stay awake each time I'd nod off. He'd say "YOU DONT WANT TO MISS THIS! THIS IS SOMETHING YOULL NEVER FORGET! STAY AWAKE!" Man was he right. I still have the next mornings newspaper packed away somewhere. Great memories.

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green