Main Menu

And the SNOW flies!

Started by Spikedog08, October 31, 2017, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Well here is the start of it all . . . snowing here in Michigan!  I have a bad feeling about the winter this year . . most of the trees in this area dumped huge amounts of nuts this year and I usually consider that a sign that mother nature is supplying food for the animals to deal with a bad winter.

Hope not but . . . we are due.   :bricks: 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ec_co

here in the Denver corridor we got our first dump the 1st week of Oct ... all the trees were still green, earliest I have seen it drop in my 12+ years here (normal first drop is @ Halloween or a couple weeks after). snapped branches left and right, darn near sheared one of trees in half (saved the bottom and one side, had to cauterize the big middle/side branch that snapped). no more drops since, but I'm also anticipating a big snow year, we are overdue for a deep 6'+ that lasts a couple weeks.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

blown motor

Had some here this morning also. Better weather ahead.  :yes:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Spikedog08

Yeah weather is showing that in about a week, a 60* day coming . . but rain.   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

70/6chall

Damned........ It's dropping down into the 60's, w/ some drizzle, possibly rain next week, here in SoCal. At least it will be dry and cold and a little cloudy for Halloween and the trick-or-treaters tonight. It just seems like Fall may have finally set in for us. I was getting tired of triple digit weather anyway. See there was a reason why  I ordered that MOPAR scarf, it even gets chilly here in SoCal............ right Alan?  LOL.       Thanks,   Al

303 Mopar

Denver has arguably the biggest swings in temperature - 83 last Wednesday to 17 and snow within 48 hours.   :bricks:

Brads70

We got snow today for the first time this season. :tired:

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: 303 Mopar on October 31, 2017, 11:15:53 AM
Denver has arguably the biggest swings in temperature - 83 last Wednesday to 17 and snow within 48 hours.   :bricks:
Calgary is worse just further north up the Rockies , I watched the seasons change while sitting at a traffic light , maybe 2 mins , it went from 75* to a couple inches of snow on the ground in about 90 mins

Brads70

I say " BRING IT ON" !   :lurking:

....and break all those snowblowers! :bigmoney:
If we have to have winter might as well have lots of snow!

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on October 31, 2017, 03:15:34 PM
I say " BRING IT ON" !   :lurking:

....and break all those snowblowers! :bigmoney:
If we have to have winter might as well have lots of snow!

You can keep it up at your place...we sure as heck don't want it down here :steamingmad:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Roadman

Red Sky at Night. Last 3 nights. Got down the upper 40s last few nights. I'm LOVIN IT.    :veryexcited:   :cooldance:   :rebelflag"

A.Gramz

I just drove from Edmonton Alberta to Toronto 12 hours of that drive was in a snow storm   It sucked cars just abandoned in the ditches all over the place

RUNCHARGER

We're good here, it was 70 degrees  a few days ago. Snow sux.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

had 10 inchs on the ground at the custom home I'm building this morning.  It's at 9350 elevation.  Most of it melted off by the evening. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

jimynick

Ok, so where the hell is Al Gore these days, then? OH, I forgot, he's flying around in his jet giving talks on controlling excess pollution! Silly me.  :looney:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"