Main Menu

And the SNOW flies!

Started by Spikedog08, October 31, 2017, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Quote from: Brads70 on December 09, 2017, 12:18:02 AM
Quote from: anlauto on December 08, 2017, 07:52:04 PM
:iagree: Yea I looked out my igloo this morning...no sign of snow yet  :canada: :dunno:

Same here, just a light "dusting" an hour north of me I hear got some in that past couple days?  :dunno:

I heard there's 2 1/2 ft in South River.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Bullitt-

None in North Alabama but South o here ... The World turned upside down.. LOL

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

cuda hunter

Quote from: Bullitt- on December 09, 2017, 06:51:42 AM
None in North Alabama but South o here ... The World turned upside down.. LOL

That's just crazy.   Snow in Bama.  Well they let Bama back in contention so this must be hell freezing over. 

I'm going for a harley ride today here in upper Colorado. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1 Wild R/T

We haven't seen snow here in years... We've gotten a dusting twice since 74....  How ever the company I work for is based out of Minneapolis so.....  A few years ago we took a vacation to Hawaii... Flew home & the next day I had to be in the corporate facility.... 

JH27N0B

We had our first snow of the season here in the Chicago area overnight.  Not much of an accumulation actually, similar to what's shown in the Texas pictures some members posted.
Last weekend hit 60 degrees.  I had a busy weekend and was driving my '09 Challenger R/T everywhere. 
I always park it for winter, and being unsure of what the weather would be the rest if the month, I was debating whether I should store it Sunday evening or do that later when we had some more good weather (if in fact we do).
Got home around 4 Sunday, changed the oil with fresh Mobil 1 and a filter, put some Seafoam in the tank, and called it a year.  2 days later the temp had plummeted, and now it's snowed with several more Alberta clippers forecast next week.  Streets are all salted.  I made the right choice I think!
Come on spring!  Mid-March when I usually reinstate my insurance and get the car out again seems so far away! :crying:

Chryco Psycho

When I lived in Ab we always had snow in Sept & still getting snow into the end of may or early June , 9 month winter were just too much .

RUNCHARGER

When I ran the storage container/trailer place I had to take my own truck to work one morning, the company Ford wouldn't make it. The territory manager wouldn't allow me to use the forklift to clear snow anymore so I spent a few days hand shoveling the trucks out. I was glad when they ran the business into the ground and shut it down. It took them 6 months to destroy 6 years of building the business up.
Sheldon

Roadman

36 degrees tonight in Central Fla.    :bricks:

Timbbuc2

We got 6" this past week in Bama near Talledega
Get in, I'll drive

cuda hunter

:clueless: :notsure: :rubeyes: :rubeyes: :rubeyes:

That's crazy.  I think last time it snowed like that in Bama was winter 2010. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Brads70

:rubeyes:  Wow that's crazy, never would have guessed you would have more snow in Alabama than I have up here in Canada!  :unbelievable:

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Brads70 on December 10, 2017, 09:27:53 AM
:rubeyes:  Wow that's crazy, never would have guessed you would have more snow in Alabama than I have up here in Canada!  :unbelievable:
Crazy thing is weatherman keep saying to expect 1" lol it lasted all day. Good thing the roads stayed in  good shape in my area.
Get in, I'll drive

cuda hunter

When I was down there in 2010 (I think)  The roads were icy as could be.  There were people driving around in dump trucks throwing sand out of the back with shovels.  When Yal get hit it is very difficult to tend the roads as no one has a fleet of snow road cleaners and sanders.  It's tough on yal down there when it happens. 

Brads70

I see on the news Erie PA got 5 feet of snow over Christmas.  :Thud: We only got a couple of feet.
Sure was crazy cold here -32C this morning and I spent most of the day outside repairing snowblowers . Just adding to the Javelin fund! :bigmoney:   :D

Spikedog08

Yeah bitter cold here in Michigan .  .  When it hits freezing 32*. . . Gonna feel like a heat wave! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!