Main Menu

And the SNOW flies!

Started by Spikedog08, October 31, 2017, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Have fun but don't call me !!
I might go for a walk on the beach tho

torredcuda

I`d love to live in a warm climate but could never do it if it meant giving up my Mopars.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

70/6chall

So far it looks like this here in SoCal. I've been listening and watching the weather forecasts, can't help thinking the rest of the nation is entering another "IceAge".     Thanks,   Al

jimynick

76F!! Really?! Driving down the road in my beater Camry the other day and the thermometer read 7'F. When I was teenager I remember going out one winter morning and it was -27F static. If you spat on the ground, it would go "crack" when it hit. THAT's when you make sure the gas tank is full and you've got a blanket/shovel/jumper cables and extra coat in the car. It wasn't unknown to have a medicinal bottle of whisky in that "survival" load, either. Bundle up laddies!  :yes:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Roadman

Looks like we might see some. 

jimynick

LOL, THAT ought to be interesting, eh Mark? If you guys get an inch they'll likely have to close schools and such.  :Stirring:  :wave:

Brads70

We got about a foot yesterday. I'm all booked up till next week.
Bring it on! ( sorry Alan?)  :D :bigmoney:

ToxicWolf

Quote from: jimynick on January 01, 2018, 09:23:08 PM
LOL, THAT ought to be interesting, eh Mark? If you guys get an inch they'll likely have to close schools and such.  :Stirring:  :wave:

They would have to shut everything down if we got half an inch.  :stop:  :haha:

1 Wild R/T

I was living in Las Vegas 73-4 we got 5 inches of snow New Years eve.... It was bumper car heaven.... I-15 was shut down....  My buddies & I built a dozen snow men in the desert.....

blown motor

Speaking of snow men, these folks showed up on my daughter's patio for a Christmas party. That's Eddie, Freddie, Teddy and Betty. Betty had a little too much to drink.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Quote from: blown motor on January 02, 2018, 09:46:15 AM
Speaking of snow men, these folks showed up on my daughter's patio for a Christmas party. That's Eddie, Freddie, Teddy and Betty. Betty had a little too much to drink.
You've got to love a girl who has a sense of humour and who takes the "odd" drink, eh Murray?  :bigthumb:

340challconvert

Snow heading our way in NJ Thursday. Looking at 1-4 inches for NYC and NJ suburbs.
Worst part is the wind chills of below 0 degrees and high winds.
Glad I have an insulated garage door; I'm trying to finish the rear brakes on the A66 Challenger vert.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Topcat

This outta be the last week of old man Winter this week. 

Some storms thru the East and that'll do it.

Days are really getting longer now.   :cheers:

Topcat

Heard on weather that there's Snow beginning to fall last week.  :cheers:

RUNCHARGER

Yup: There is snow on the highway about 1.5 hours from us. Hasn't been a summer at all this year.
Sheldon