Main Menu

And They Wonder Why I Hate California

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, November 22, 2019, 08:16:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: E74cuda on November 23, 2019, 08:18:47 AM
I know it would cost more money but look into sending your kid to a Charter school. To many people in this state that call themselves teachers are just plain crazy and have no right to spew that kind of garbage. I'd seriously look at getting out myself but have older parents that I'm close to.

We considered that but I think we are kinda stuck now. She has lots of friends at the high school and is actually enjoying the overall high school experience. Her friends are into this sort of nonsense but we've met them and they are actually very decent kids that we would normally approve of. Our daughter is a great kid who causes us no issues whatsoever so that tells me that the influence of this kind of stuff can't be warping her mind too much. We mention the idea of different schools from time to time and she doesn't want it. I think if we forced it with only a year and a half left of school, it would probably cause resentment towards us that so far isn't there. It's a gamble but it seems that staying the course may be the safest route. Once I cool down, I need to have a talk with her about discussing political ideas in a civil, respectful and intellectual way with tolerance towards others who see things differently. Something that's lacking in our country these days. I doubt she would ever adopt their methodology but I need her to recognize that the militant way of doing things is almost always wrong.

One thing we started from a young age was instill the idea that we all plan to relocate to Tennessee after she finishes high school (before she puts down roots and becomes more self sufficient). We visit often and she loves the area so right now, she is looking forward to relocating. Hopefully the public school conditioning quickly wears off once she gets there. I doubt she'd find a lot of friends with that kind of ideology back there.

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: JS29 on November 23, 2019, 06:45:51 AM
It's NOT just California, New York is no better! Coming soon, no more bail, instead they will be lit out and given gift cards, baseball tickets and cell phone minute's.  and the accused with there lawyer will be aloud to inspect the crime scene.  :headbang:

We are about to lose bail here in California. Major cities are electing radical district attorneys who want to tear down and rebuild a different criminal justice system. Jails all over the state are under a siege of multi million dollar lawsuits to get more inmates rights and the result is we are releasing more inmates onto the streets to manage the hemorrhages of lost lawsuits. I've lived here my whole life and watched the changes over the decades. In our local county jail, we are getting killed because we don't focus enough on transgender, mentally ill, healthcare, dayroom time, etc.  The county jail spends nearly two million dollars PER MONTH on inmate health alone. It's crushing to the budget so it forces more releases. That is the whole concept behind the groups who are creating the lawsuits. It's all called transformative justice. Most people don't really see it or think about it but there is definitely a major war being waged right now and the conventional system is losing very badly. I think we are witnessing a pressure cooker that will eventually explode hurting everyone.

7E-Bodies

I'm in Illinois and trust me, this is a good place to escape as well...and it's in the plans. I feel for conservative, logical people that are trapped in these holes.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

dodj

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on November 24, 2019, 07:45:11 AM
I'm in Illinois and trust me, this is a good place to escape as well...and it's in the plans. I feel for conservative, logical people that are trapped in these holes.
So if the west coast is no good (Challenger lover), and the east coast is no good(JS29). The middle isn't any good either (7E-bodies).....

Where ya all gonna go?  :dunno:

You're welcome to come up to Canada? We have better beer.  :drinkingbud:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

cuda hunter

It appears they are all coming here to Colorado.
business is booming for me. I'm a residential building General contractor.  bring their money, bring their vacation homes and ruin our laws here in the state. 
I believe Montana is my next step. 

a whole lot of these democrats said they would leave the country and go to Canada if Trump was elected so we would be glad to pass those along to you guys up in Canada.   However I don't think those people live by their word and are liars.     It appears you guys up there have your own liberal problems playing out. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

dodj

Quote from: cuda hunter on November 24, 2019, 08:00:21 AM
   It appears you guys up there have your own liberal problems playing out.
It's why we drink a lot of beer.....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

cuda hunter

Quote from: dodj on November 24, 2019, 08:06:22 AM
Quote from: cuda hunter on November 24, 2019, 08:00:21 AM
   It appears you guys up there have your own liberal problems playing out.
It's why we drink a lot of beer.....

And why we smoke a lot of weed !!  :haha: :haha:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

js27

The United States is in a WAR-believe it or not. The Communist are trying to take over by eroding any moral values-resorting to violence to push their agenda. The liberal left wing Democrats ARE the new communist party and anyone with COMMON SENSE can see that by just watching the Democrats debate and their campaign promises. Obama started it and Hillary was going to finish it but thank GOD the American people woke up and elected Trump. Now that he is exposing their corruption that are going to extremes to get him removed. More and more Americans are waking up and TRUMP win win by yet another landslide in 2020.
JS27

torredcuda

It`s unbelievable that the school system allows that to be handed out but I guess they are OK with preaching that agenda because they also believe it. I agree we are really "at war" in Washington with all this attacking our President any way they can and it has become us vs them mentality by the Democrats instead of working together for the betterment of everyones lives. Sad, and I don`t see it ending anytime soon short of another all out civil war or revolution against the government, hopefully it will never come to that.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

JS29

My neighbor and I are locked and loaded. If it's such a divided country than let's get it on.  :rebelflag" 

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: dodj on November 24, 2019, 07:53:59 AM
So if the west coast is no good (Challenger lover), and the east coast is no good(JS29). The middle isn't any good either (7E-bodies).....

I chose Panama & love it  :veryexcited:

YellowThumper

The ugly irony of propaganda such as that it is as decisive as what is being preached to end. Separatism cannot be ended by separatism.
Schools do a great job at preaching love and acceptance. But fails at developing the tools to actually carry out the actual understanding and compassion for opinions other than their own.
The art of agreeing to disagree has died a liberal agenda death.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

YellowThumper

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 23, 2019, 06:12:57 AM
Actually it is not even the whole state just the west coast , most of the farmers there inland are far more sane
Exactly.
Farmers and what is left of manufacturing have the same general "right" attitude. Go out there do the work and you will make your living.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Bossgold

Being born and raised in car country Los Angeles(Dan Gurney, Carroll Shelby) it pains me to see what this state has become. I worked and Lived in the Bay area for 5 years in technology and I can tell you that the big money the Tech industry has is being used to set agendas. What other group can you influence better then a bunch of ideological politicians that need the money to get re-elected. So these tech heads try and set their agendas by giving money to these liberals and it all flows down hill. Think about the mess this state is in (homelessness, free needles, bullet trains, infrastructure, immigration issues, pollution from multiple sources including Mexico, highest gas, highest sales tax, sanctuary crap, no straws....etc) and its no wonder that there is a major exodus of people.  Funny, the studies show that those who make $ 75K to $ 125K is the largest segment to leave and $ 150K to $ 350K plus are coming in with the lowest income not moving. This means when the economy tanks ...and it will....Cali will be in a world of hurt.  You can't your way out of stupidity

torredcuda

Quote from: dodj on November 24, 2019, 07:53:59 AM

You're welcome to come up to Canada? We have better beer.  :drinkingbud:

I was born and raised in Massachusetts and live there until around `87 when I moved to New Hampshire. Back then it was only starting to crazy liberal and NH was mostly conservative, now Mass is right behind Cali and unfortunately a lot of people from Mass have moved into southern NH making us a lot more liberal. Right now we have a good conservative Governor but I see it getting worse up here as well.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/