Main Menu

COPO cars from Canada EH! Who knew!

Started by 750-h2, November 08, 2017, 01:18:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

They're cool: One got destroyed about 20 years ago. A friend of mine in Fort St. John found it at the dump. Wondering if it could have been a mistake in the VIN he did his best to contact Govier to see if there was such a thing. He never heard from him and the car ended up getting crushed. He was sorry he didn't just haul it out of there.
Sheldon

69bronzeT5

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on November 08, 2017, 05:17:40 PM
They're cool: One got destroyed about 20 years ago. A friend of mine in Fort St. John found it at the dump. Wondering if it could have been a mistake in the VIN he did his best to contact Govier to see if there was such a thing. He never heard from him and the car ended up getting crushed. He was sorry he didn't just haul it out of there.

Years ago, a good friend found a '70 Charger 500 in a dump on northern Vancouver Island. Was a bare rolling shell in primer. He took the car and then did some digging and found out it was at a body shop and the guy never paid his bill and vanished so they dumped the car. If I remember right, he said they had all of the parts for it still in the back so they gave him all of it. He had issues getting registration for it so he sold it as-is to a shady local Mopar flipper (I'm sure you know who I'm talking about Sheldon) who apparently put '70 R/T tags on it with a clean title and re-sold it.

On a separate note, have you seen Kallstrom's '72 H-Code Dart in the Okanagan? Wicked little car!

Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon