Main Menu

Anyone at Barrett Jackson right now?

Started by Cuda Cody, January 17, 2019, 08:48:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Anyone at Barrett Jackson right now?  How's the action in the room on the E-Bodies and muscle cars as they cross the block?

JS29

I saw a 69 Charger R/T EB5 white vinyl top and stripe on TV last night go for $100,000.

anlauto

I like this time of the year because I finally get the Velocity channel on free preview  :banana: Can't afford top actually pay to watch it :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

pyro273

They stream live just like Mecum so there's always that option.  Of course you don't get the witty repartee of the commentators or the beautiful Cristy Lee and her oh so insightful car evaluations.....

pyro273

Appears to be relatively light on E-bodies today and Mopars in general.  I am very interested to see what the 1970 R/T Hemi recreation goes for.  It's got a bonded title and a jacked up VIN so maybe it was a salvage? 

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1970-DODGE-CHALLENGER-R/T-CONVERTIBLE-226386

There's a 1970 Challenger 'vert that's been rebodied as well.

I wonder how those issues are going to impact the price and I am not schooled enough to determine anything else from the pictures.

303 Mopar

Cuda Cody

That should bring huge money.  9,500 hours to build!!!   :takealook:

pyro273

1970 Hemi R/T convertible recreation went for $88K, including buyer's fee.  VERY interesting to watch.  TV showed the guy who ended up getting it saying he was out when the bid hit $82K and the bidding assistant encouraging him to bid again.  Then, magically, the bid was $80K and he got it.   :thinking:

Looked to be a very pretty and well done car and, IMHO, not a bad price but who knows what the deal with it was with that VIN.  Too bad they didn't post a copy of the broadcast sheet.

750-h2

Quote from: JS29 on January 17, 2019, 08:53:48 AM
I saw a 69 Charger R/T EB5 white vinyl top and stripe on TV last night go for $100,000.

Yes that was good $ for a 440 auto!

Brads70

:banana:  Having fun watching the live feed. Got rid of cable years ago and haven't watched BG in years!   Makes me feel old watching cars I've cut up for scrap or race cars sell for what I think is stupid money, but then when you consider what it costs to restore any car...... it's not so bad

the beautiful Cristy Lee and her oh so insightful car evaluations.....
I heard her say the other day while at a Chevy pickup mentioned look at the great bucket seats , it was a bench seat and she was right there.
One of the other guys commented that the Corvair pickup had an air conditioned engine ,think he meant air-cooled.
I guess it happens in the heat of the moment, it's ok to correct it at the time we all make mistaked.
As I always say , there was only one perfect carpenter and it ain't me !

ragtopdodge

Strong money for that re-body 'vert Challenger clone.

Maybe buyer was unaware of its sordid history.

Has wrong instrument cluster/switch panel too.  Unless it's a manual top.

Brads70

Ohhhh That 69 Super Bee was nice , sold relatively cheap too?  :drooling:

JH27N0B

I was surprised last night to see a blue '71 Challenger 340 4 speed sell for only $28,000

anlauto

Quote from: JH27N0B on January 17, 2019, 05:36:08 PM
I was surprised last night to see a blue '71 Challenger 340 4 speed sell for only $28,000

Ya know what they say about 71 Challengers.... :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration