Main Menu

Barrett Jackson

Started by JH27N0B, January 28, 2022, 07:36:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

70vert

man that looks sweet, I think the Lemon Twist if my favorite color!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

Is it?  That's got to be near the top price I've ever seen an AAR go for, and it looks far from perfect.  No undercoating in the wheel wells, a bunch of incorrect things I see under hood, to name a few.
If near 200K is the new average, I guess 99% of us are completely priced out of the market.

headejm

70vert

I think that is the reality, most of us are priced out of the rare & desirable (AAR+4-speed), completely restored, numbers matching, cars. And it's not purple or green, at least a big plus for me. I am definitely not a huge OE nitpicker as many but this is super eye-catching and will draw a crowd wherever it is, and I think that is a factor for many buyers.

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: JH27N0B on January 29, 2022, 10:53:09 AM
Is it?  That's got to be near the top price I've ever seen an AAR go for, and it looks far from perfect.  No undercoating in the wheel wells, a bunch of incorrect things I see under hood, to name a few.
If near 200K is the new average, I guess 99% of us are completely priced out of the market.
Premium money for sure. Most of the incorrect items can be easily corrected but for that price you would think it would be near-perfect!
I have never seen this mistake before. LOL

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

JH27N0B

Quote from: MoparCarGuy on January 29, 2022, 03:35:44 PM
Quote from: JH27N0B on January 29, 2022, 10:53:09 AM
Premium money for sure. Most of the incorrect items can be easily corrected but for that price you would think it would be near-perfect!
I have never seen this mistake before. LOL
Holy crap!  Many uninformed E body restorers place the pre 70 manufacturer certifies this vehicle meets US safety standards sticker there, that really takes the cake!

headejm

...but it has the tag hanging on the blinker.

anlauto

It's one of those mistakes that happens when you have a car restored by one of those "all makes-all models" type restoration places, even if the quality of the work is excellent, it's marred by the incorrect details. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

dodj

I think the high dollar figure reflects a buyer that has money and just likes the car. Correct details are unimportant.

Later a '70 428 Mustang went for $200K. That's pretty high too. No?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Mopsquad

I think the youngins are officially kicked out of the pre ' 72 classic car hobby with this last surge during the pandemic.

anlauto

Where's all the BJ result stories ?  I forgot it was even on...what were the top sellers ? How'd Mopars do over all ? Any Mopar resto-mods sell ?

Bullitt-

Quote from: anlauto on February 03, 2022, 05:57:38 PM
Where's all the BJ result stories ?  I forgot it was even on...what were the top sellers ? How'd Mopars do over all ? Any Mopar resto-mods sell ?
Seemed to me Mopar was more under underrepresented than usual but the prices were considerably higher 

I was impressed by this Desoto and the price ...$203,500 all in
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1957-DESOTO-ADVENTURER-CONVERTIBLE-253960

This custom brought good $ 
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1970-PLYMOUTH-BARRACUDA-CUSTOM-CONVERTIBLE-251285
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]