Main Menu

Anyone watching Barrett Jackson?

Started by Cuda Cody, January 18, 2017, 06:53:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

You're probably right.  If I wanted a certain car I would not let the weather stop me.  From experience I can tell you being there and getting caught up in the action is easy to do.  One year I almost bought a Camaro! (someone out bid me at the last minute, thank goodness)  I probably added $5k to the final price as me and that other guy were the last two going back and forth on it.  That same year my buddy bought a Mustang.   :drunk:   I've learn to not drink and get wrapped up in the hype.

Was thinking with less people "having fun in the sun" and the downer rain could put on things, it might have kept a few cars from being bid up by party people.  But like you said, serious buyers come there to buy what they want and the rain is not going to stop them.

Quote from: blown motor on January 23, 2017, 09:49:56 AM
Foul weather might keep some spectators away but I doubt that it would deter a serious car buyer. This is an indoor event for the most part. If there was a car there that I wanted to buy it would take tornado warnings to keep me away. Maybe living in the great white north has me a little immuned to foul weather.

70mopes

For a variety of reasons, I find it hard to watch for any length of time any more.     

Cuda Cody

@70mopes   :yes:  I too was finding it hard to watch.  Not much for Mopars are shown on TV and the commercials are like twice as long as they should be.  I record it and watch it in fast forward a few hours after it's happened.  That way I can see what I want and not waste all day.

Quote from: 70mopes on January 23, 2017, 11:08:36 AM
For a variety of reasons, I find it hard to watch for any length of time any more.   

70mopes

You check it out in "The Theatre"?   Setting in there with you and a few other like minded individuals would make the experience a hell of a lot better!!

:slapme5:

Cuda Cody

You know it brother!   :slapme5:  It would be more fun with a bunch of cool Mopar people there!   :yes:

Quote from: 70mopes on January 23, 2017, 11:34:24 AM
You check it out in "The Theatre"?   Setting in there with you and a few other like minded individuals would make the experience a hell of a lot better!!

:slapme5:

HP_Cuda

Was it me or did the early part of the auction move the cars a bit faster through and then towards Fri, Sat and Sunday they slow down to molasses?

Oh and on Sunday, it was like the dregs and almost half the audience were already gone. Why bother?

:dunno:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

:yes:  I totally noticed that too! 

Didn't they also add a few more days this year and more cars?  I think it started a day or 2 earlier then before.

Quote from: HP_Cuda on January 23, 2017, 12:20:57 PM

Was it me or did the early part of the auction move the cars a bit faster through and then towards Fri, Sat and Sunday they slow down to molasses?

Oh and on Sunday, it was like the dregs and almost half the audience were already gone. Why bother?

:dunno:

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 23, 2017, 07:34:38 AM
How much you want to bet that in the next year or two the Mopars will not show up in the volume they were this year and we'll see a ton of customs modded cars and VW buses? 

And trucks, early Broncos and 76-79 Trans Am's.

Spikedog08

I just kept clicking back to the auction now and then to see what is on the block at that moment . . . couldn't sit and watch for very long as I get bored when the car up for bid is something I don't care how much it sells for.   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!