Main Menu

Chicagoland Mopar Connection show pictures from yesterday

Started by JH27N0B, June 06, 2022, 06:36:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

The Chicagoland Mopar Connection had their spring show yesterday in Downers Grove Illinois.  We got lucky with the weather, the forecast all week was for it to be rainy.  Woke up to clouds and some sprinkles with radar at 8 showing a area of light rain moving into the area.  But it quickly cleared.  I left a little late, and as I drove down there, I realized I'd forgotten a critical item, sunblock!  My arms are red like a lobster now!  :o
Turnout was great despite gas prices heading toward $6 a gallon locally, so it has been reassuring to see that people aren't avoiding shows and cruises due to cost...yet.
Anyway here are my pictures.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/111914442@N04/albums/72177720299562957

Sorry to report that my new disco malaise B Body seemed to generate more excitement than any of my Challengers ever have got.  :whiteflag:

cuda hunter

Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

I have to ask, was that pink 70 barracuda a true chartruese strobe stripe car? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JH27N0B

Per the tag it's legit, though I do not hold myself out to be a tag expert who can flag it if it was fake.
I did take a picture of the tag.  I post pictures of tags on cars at auctions, as I consider cars for sale as being "public domain" open for scrutiny, but sharing pictures of tags from cars at shows and cruises is sort of a violation of the owners privacy, at least that is my take on the subject.
There was a similar car at MCACN 6 or 7 years ago that I heard talk was sketchy.  But I just dug up the picture and confirmed that wasn't the same car, that one had a white interior and spoiler.

anlauto

I like the green and white Cuda convertible.... :)

There was a pink/pink strobe Cuda that recently sold, maybe that's the one....looks the same... :thinking:

Here: https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/107652
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

Good eye, that one on cars online is certainly the same one.  From my engine compartment picture you can see the same orange painted breather cap, serrated alternator belt, and boat anchor aftermarket master cylinder.  Very cool car, don't get me wrong, but needs a little refreshing under the hood to make perfect!  We've been getting more interesting cuda's coming into the area recently.  A friend of mine from the local cruise scene just bought a '70 FK5 V code cuda late in the season last year is one example.  And a purple AAR that was in my town when I was in high school and the owner and the car sort of disappeared in the 80s other than I'd heard he'd ended up in jail for a time resurfaced last year.  Now owned by the guy who owned it in the 70s and had sold it to the guy from my home town who along with his son was able to buy it back and restore it to what it looked like when he owned it then!

cudamadd

Bullitt-

Thanks for sharing....   :woohoo:

First aluminum slots I've seen on an presentable E-body ...
Had some for a while back in the late '70s & always one of my favorite looks 

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Mopsquad

Thanks for posting.  Very enjoyable, loved that Sassy '71 vert.

anlauto

Quote from: Bullitt- on June 06, 2022, 02:32:10 PM

First aluminum slots I've seen on an presentable E-body ...

These rims would be perfect with PolyGlas GT's for that correct "day two" look :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

CNUMB

Thank You for sharing these great pics!!! I ordered those Aluminum Polished Slotted Wheels from Jegs a few days back, expecting delivery tomorrow morning They like great on the Cuda, hoping they look good on my 71 Challenger..