Main Menu

Do folks still use these things?

Started by Plumcrazzy, April 28, 2019, 05:35:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Plumcrazzy

Just curious---Do folks still use these items?

STP
Sea Foam
Barrs stop leak

Add any others you are familiar with.

Timbbuc2

When I build a motor I use STP, never had any problems, stop leak never use the stuff
Get in, I'll drive

blown motor

I use STP oil treatment in my 340 as a way of adding zinc.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

Sea foam or Stabil in the fuel for longer storage

CudaMoparRay

Don't know about E-bodies but on my Dodge Stealth Mitsubishi 3000GT forum they swear by Sea Foam

Cuda Cody

Twice a year (Spring and Fall) I run all the engines on the property and add fresh fuel with Sea Foam.

torredcuda

Never heard of Seafoam until recently on FB, never used it though heard good and bad abnout it. I use Stabil in fuel for anything being stored, don`t use STP and used stop leak when I was younger and dumber but would never now.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

mopar thunder

We use STP and Sea Foam when needed. Never had an issue.

72 Challenger

Stabil during winter storage.

I used stop leak once. My first Challenger had a well worn 318 and it started leaking out oil everywhere about 500 km's from home. Threw a couple stop leaks in it and kept on trucking.
Someday I will have a J0b.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 28, 2019, 11:08:12 PM
Twice a year (Spring and Fall) I run all the engines on the property and add fresh fuel with Sea Foam.

Same here

dodj

I use seafoam as an additive to fuel. But not to the oil.
The ATV gets a splash every other time i fill it up. Lawnmowers about once a month.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

dougdel

never used stop leak, but have heard of people dumping ground black pepper in a rad to stop the leak as a temporary solution

MEK-Dangerous

I got one for you... Marvels mystery oil.

Who has ever used it? It's been around for decades, but something that can be used in the gas tank and crank case has given me pause for concern. More snake oil??

Plumcrazzy

We stocked Marvel at my place of work for years. Used it in all the air tools (and we had a ton of air tools). Just put a few drops into the air intake---hook up the air---listen to the RPMs wind up. Worked great for us for decades. I would suggest that if Marvel has been around this long then there must be something good going on.

js27

Back in the 70's when I raced I used STP in every oil change. Would take the motor apart to freshen it up every season and it always looked great.
JS27