Main Menu

FUNNY but true Story....

Started by anlauto, April 12, 2024, 04:54:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

My wife's 2017 Challenger needs new Summer tires. (we run snow tires 5 months of the year here in Canada).
This time of the year Chrysler usually has a  :veryexcited:  ****SALE**** :veryexcited: on tires, Buy 3 get 1 for free !

So I get on line to see what the average price is for the replacement Firestone Firehawk GTs and it looks like the average is somewhere around $365 CDN each....So I thought...GREAT ! I will save at least that much if I buy them from my local Chrysler Dealer...

So I pick up the phone, call my dealer...I have an account there, spend lots of money there etc.... I ask about the 4 for 3 deal....he say yup....that would be  $1479 for 4 tires ????

I'm like...wait a minute.... :huh:  should be like $1100 or so.....he's like NOPE....if you want the special deal, buy three get one free they are $493 each ??? 

If you want to NOT take the deal and buy four tires separately I can sell them to you for $370 each....

Math Lesson 4(tires) X $370 = $1480
            3(tires + 1 free) X $493 = $1479

You can't make this shit up.....this is how the world works these days :rofl:  :rofl:  :looney:  :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

That's BS!! Did you call another dealer to see what they said?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

blown motor

Oh, and when I replaced the tires on my 15 Challenger a couple years ago I went with Nitto Motivo. I like them better. They ride nicer and are quieter.

jimynick

Alan, the difference would be if they offered you a kiss. You usually get a kiss when you're being screwed, brother!  8)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

700 AKN

Deezel

Sad thing is there are some who will purchase these tires, then brag about how they saved $493  :banana:

My wife always tells me it's not about how much you spend, it's about how much you saved!
Lonnie
1973 'cuda

Jay Bee

Typical BOGO scheme, raise the price of one (or 3 in this case) and offer an additional one for free.  :thumbdown:  I don't know if the dealership's promo is borderline false advertising or not or whether it's worth the time and effort to pursue it with the BBB.

And to think they didn't even flinch when they presented you with your options  :verymad: 

anlauto

Quote from: Jay Bee on April 13, 2024, 08:39:17 AMAnd to think they didn't even flinch when they presented you with your options  :verymad:
That's because my parts guy is a pretty good dude...if I went through the service dept, they never would have told me the difference...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

blown motor

The parts guy can make all the difference.  Some know their shit and care about the customer and some fail on both points.

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on April 13, 2024, 06:02:05 PMI have got decent deals from this place
https://www.blackcircles.ca/en

Thanks, that was one of the places I price checked  :bigthumb: