Main Menu

Gas prices - OUCH!

Started by Dakota, May 10, 2022, 06:45:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Katfish

With all the conflict in the Middle East, the lower gas prices are mind boggling.
$2.98 at Sam's for regular, here in Central FL.

blown motor

Send those prices north! 3.79 in western NY.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

70vert

Quote from: Katfish on November 05, 2023, 11:08:37 AM
With all the conflict in the Middle East, the lower gas prices are mind boggling.
$2.98 at Sam's for regular, here in Central FL.

It's all supply & demand, gas "almost" always goes down in fall/winter as fewer people are taking driving vacations. The price drop has been predicted for over a month!

FYI - just paid $2.65 per gallon for regular at Exxon, in Houston.

blown motor

Apparently New Yorkers don't take driving vacations because the price hasn't come down here. Lol.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

$6.04 cdn a US gallon here in north western Ontario.  :headbang:
Sure glad we are keeping all that Alberta oil in the ground. :pullinghair: :Stirring:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Deezel

Quote from: dodj on November 05, 2023, 04:21:48 PM
$6.04 cdn a US gallon here in north western Ontario.  :headbang:
Sure glad we are keeping all that Alberta oil in the ground. :pullinghair: :Stirring:

I'm doing my best to get it out of the ground but it's definitely been a battle over the last 8 years....
Lonnie
1973 'cuda

71GranCoupe

It's apparent the administrations from both countries failed to realize a great economy is dependent on fuel at a good price. When oil/gas spikes the economy tanks. Similar situations in the early 70's. Some leaders never learn.

YellowThumper

Unfortunately not about learning.
It remains about controlling the narrative.
Yes, current prices are down. Because of looming winter along with a solid economic slowdown.
High fuel prices remain the current administration's plan. The higher they are, the more will convert to ev as is the long term plan/push.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Katfish

Anyone else see swings of $0.10 to $0.20 Daily?
I reported $3 less than a week ago, it's now $3.25.

I sometimes see a price 10cents lower in morning on the way to work,  then higher on the drive home?

YellowThumper

Quote from: Katfish on November 07, 2023, 12:16:31 PM
Anyone else see swings of $0.10 to $0.20 Daily?
I reported $3 less than a week ago, it's now $3.25.

I sometimes see a price 10cents lower in morning on the way to work,  then higher on the drive home?

Yep. All fuel sold is based on current market price. Regardless of what the actual purchase price was when station refilled. This "balances" the high and lows for the stations.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

BIGSHCLUNK

At home you can get Reg for 2.99 some places even a little less. When I just was in Nevada $4.50 range, Cheapest I saw in Phoenix 3.77, most places over $4 in Arizona

Spikedog08

Turbo Blue has topped out at $9.99 a gallon and some stations have quit selling because their pumps only go to $9.99 a gallon.  Hope it comes down soon or will not be available anywhere . . 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

JH27N0B

I topped off Tuesday out in a Chicago collar county for $3.29 minus a 5c a gallon discount using my Shell rewards card, and now am glad I did.  Gas went up about 50c overnight I noticed yesterday.  WTH, I was getting spoiled by these low gas prices!
Oh well, driving season is basically over, I put the convertible away for winter the other day, topping off with some gas from the station near my house for $3.49 a gallon after putting a couple gallons of $6 a gallon AVgas mixed with with some Stabil 360 in the tank for my winter storage brew.

torredcuda

Still around $3.25 for regular or slightly below in New Hampshire, of course I put 89 in my Ram and 93 in the Barracuda so I pay around $3.50 for 89 or just over $4/gallon for 93.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

chargerdon

Prices dropping here in the Raleigh area.   Yesterday i filled up at $2.55 for regular !!! 

Whoo hoo