Main Menu

Gas prices - OUCH!

Started by Dakota, May 10, 2022, 06:45:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Dakota

For the first time in the last 2 months, I ran the tank in my Ram 1500 to nearly empty before filling it up.   This is the single largest amount I've ever spent on a tank of gas in my life.  I don't drive as much now that I'm retired, but I sure feel bad for those that still have a daily commute. $4.95/gal for 89 octane.

anlauto

That's nothing, at today's exchange rate, that is about $140 CDN dollars.....I just spent $200 CDN to fill up my RAM 1500 :takemymoney:

It's nuts, I did a little bit of running around today and burnt maybe 1/8 tank...which is now $25 :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

bdschnei

Bret

jimynick

$7.58 Canadian for a US gallon around here lately.  :looney:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Quote from: jimynick on May 10, 2022, 07:29:39 PM

Which is about $6.00 USD for a US gallon  :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dakota

Quote from: anlauto on May 10, 2022, 07:37:07 PM
Quote from: jimynick on May 10, 2022, 07:29:39 PM

Which is about $6.00 USD for a US gallon  :drunk:

Yeah sorry - you guys in Canada and elsewhere have been taking it in the shorts on gas prices for a while.  These price levels are new for us in the U.S.   

torredcuda

Same here, it`s been over $100 to fill up my `18 Ram 2500 for a while now, Thankfully I`m retired as well and only have to drive the kid to school and back and around town for errands @ 12 mpg, I can`t imagine what my 85 mile round trip commute would cost now if I was still working.   :Thud: I plan on towing my cuda to Carlisle from here (400 mile trip one way) so I better start saving up now to pay for the gas.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

elan71

Well, what should I say, we pay more than $8 per gallon here in Switzerland.  :(
71 'Cuda 340 Automatic

cuda hunter

Quote from: bdschnei on May 10, 2022, 07:29:00 PM
Thanks Joe  :'(

unfortunately, it's not just joe.  The entire democrat party has sworn to rid us of our filthy oil cars and oil dependent lifestyles.
  They are seriously trying to take away our hobby. Yet we can't talk politics because they are bad for loving each other in this humanitarian world.
  Wake up and look at what's happening. 
  Has no one heard Joe specifically say he's gonna get rid of oil?  Here's a reminder for some of yal. 

I could post another half dozen of these where he says he's getting rid of the industry.  He's talking to you !!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

For those of you with T.D.S.  Here is a clip that you can only watch 3 seconds and hear biden say he's going to cap over a million wells.
At minute 1.36.   Just watch 3 seconds. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I'm a general contractor and do a lot of driving.  I'm filling up every other day.  over 400 a week right now.  That doesn't include my heavy equipment or my employees that I pay gas to. 

Prices on everything are up, not just gas.  This is bull crap and the government on both sides are pushing the people to a "change". 

And now the democrats are literally advocating violence while they are illegally picketing justice's house's.

Prepare yourselves brothers.  As biden has said, we will have a deadly summer.  But mostly only for those who are unvaccinated. 

JH27N0B

This is going to be a tough summer/year.  Lot's of questions will come up when deciding if we want to do things with our cars due to the high prices. I bought a new 2500 last year and really not eager to drive it much now instead of taking my 8 year old Dart that gets twice the MPG.
Cruises about to start here, and I am not going to be eager to go to ones further away and will go to ones close to home instead.
And I am hoping to go to Moparty again this year, 800 mile round trip, pulling a trailer getting maybe 9 mpg, plus the rip off tolls towing a trailer here in IL (about 4 times what it is for a car or light truck not towing), I am looking at $600 plus just for travel then add hotel food etc, it will really add up.

Gas is at $2.21 a litre for regular here on Vancouver Island. Last week I put $190.00 in my Ram Diesel when it was at 1/4 tank.
I don't think I'll be driving the Cuda much this year!

torredcuda

Quote from: elan71 on May 11, 2022, 04:25:18 AM
Well, what should I say, we pay more than $8 per gallon here in Switzerland.  :(

It`s hard to compare cost of just gas in other countries without factoring in the overall cost of living -
"With a cost of living index of 141 all goods are on average about 41 percent more expensive than in the USA. But the average income in Switzerland of 6885 USD is also 28% higher, which means that citizens can also afford more goods. Now you calculate the 41% higher costs against the 28% higher income. In the result, people in Switzerland can afford about 9 percent less than a US citizen."
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

dodj

I don't plan on cutting back on Challenger miles, but rv'ing miles might be examined. Less trips but longer stays maybe?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill