Main Menu

Hurricane Harvey

Started by Roadman, August 25, 2017, 03:07:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

My thoughts and prayers go out to all in the path of this storm. I've been thru 6 hurricanes in my life, but I"ve never seen anything like this.   

Cuda Cody

I can not image what it must be like to be sitting in the path of that storm.  I hope for the best for everyone that is down there.

Roadman

Up graded to category 4. 6 to 12 foot storm surge, up to 40 inches of rain. They are telling people that did not evacuate to write there SSN on there arm so they can be identified.

moparcar

Yeah, this is a big one. My brother just finished his custom vacation home on the water just east of Corpus. He secured items and is riding it out in San Antonio. Have to see if anything is left afterwards. House is less then 8' above sea level.

Brads70

Looks terrifying!  Hoping for the best.... @truckinman466  and @73440

truckinman466

So far, nothing happening in Houston area except a little rain. Supposed to get worse overnight. Good news was the traffic was super light on the way home from work. And the temperature has been cooler than normal. Maybe I'll work on the car in the garage while it rains.

Ugh, hate to hear that @MoparCar, sounds like Rockport, have two friends with houses there also.
Am about 250 miles NE of Corpus , 35 miles North of Houston ,expecting 12-18 " of rain over next couple of days.
And if Harvey makes a uturn and heads towards Houston and Beaumont in a couple days , ugh.
This is almost my 10th hurricane. Had 5 a few years ago in south Fla that one year .
Just finished mowing the drainage swale next to road to help water flow.

moparcar

Quote from: Roadman on August 25, 2017, 03:07:40 PM
         My thoughts and prayers go out to all in the path of this storm. I've been thru 6 hurricanes in my life, but I"ve never seen anything like this.

Right, went from nothing to Cat4 in no time, fastest I have seen , lived 20 years in South Fla going back before Andrew time.

Mickm

Good luck and prayers for any on here that may be affected by the storm.

Cheers!
Mickm

Chryco Psycho

Hang n tight , I have never been through a storm like this , must be wild to say the least
Thoughts & prayers to anyone in the path  :andyangel:

Rev-It-Up

5 months ago when I planned this weekend trip to San Antonio to visit family, I had no idea it would be during a category 4 hurricane!! Xegnome and I landed in SA at 9pm tonight expecting a torrential downpour but it hadn't even started raining. The last 25 minutes of the flight was a tad bumpy though.  :unbelievable:
Rev-It-Up

fc7cuda

Yeah, it's all over the news.  We're just getting some cooler temps and light rain, 5hrs from the coast.  Stay safe my fellow Texans.   :cheers:

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on August 25, 2017, 09:15:34 PM
5 months ago when I planned this weekend trip to San Antonio to visit family, I had no idea it would be during a category 4 hurricane!! Xegnome and I landed in SA at 9pm tonight expecting a torrential downpour but it hadn't even started raining. The last 25 minutes of the flight was a tad bumpy though.  :unbelievable:
Wow, I'm surprised they let the flight land .
A trip to the Riverwalk may not be the same this weekend.
Stay safe.

Rev-It-Up

I hope Monday's flight home  is as uneventful! Right now in San Antonio it's just drizzling but heard some pretty strong gusts last night. 
Rev-It-Up