Main Menu

I need help please - anyone in/near Southwest part of Connecticut?

Started by ViperMan, September 20, 2017, 07:13:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ViperMan

I need some help - I found a car I'm very interested in - it's in Trumbull, CT - southwest part of the state.

I'll break your hearts now - it's not an e-body, but it IS an antique Dodge.  The owner (who I've learned doesn't maintain the eBay account) says it's completely rust free, it's in primer, has ALL it's chrome, runs and drives - I just want someone to look it over and confirm mostly the "rust free" part.

If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it.  I'm not looking for experts on this particular vehicle, just someone who knows what rust looks like.  :)

Please contact me privately - I'll cover any gas/tolls expenses you may have!

Thank you.

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

Looking at our map there doesn't appear to be very many members in that area.  @Marc70challenger  and @Bluemonster71RT   are the only two even a little close.  But still looks like a bit of a drive for them.

ViperMan

I never thought to check the map - lol - been away for a little while.  It's 11 hours for me, so I really would like to to get some eyes on it before starting THAT trek...

Price is unbeatable though, if it's even in half the condition it's claimed to be in...

ViperMan

Hmm - I might be SOL...  I REALLY don't want to drive 11 hours to find out this thing looks better in the pictures than it does in person...

Cuda Cody

It's better to drive 11 hours now then end up with a car you didn't want.   :bigthumb:

Quote from: ViperMan on September 21, 2017, 02:35:33 PM
Hmm - I might be SOL...  I REALLY don't want to drive 11 hours to find out this thing looks better in the pictures than it does in person...

Roadman

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 21, 2017, 02:37:33 PM
It's better to drive 11 hours now then end up with a car you didn't want.   :bigthumb:

:iagree:         

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 21, 2017, 02:37:33 PM

Or you may forever regret that you did not check it out.   :bricks:

ViperMan

So I was at my favorite local brewery tonight, chatted with the bar manager, and guess where his hometown is...

...20 minutes from the car. He said he has at least a friend or two up there who could at least check it for obvious rust.  At least give me a warm-fuzzy about making the drive.  Now I just gotta get the seller to get better about responding with too few details too infrequently!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djw383

Quote from: ViperMan on September 21, 2017, 06:00:59 PM
So I was at my favorite local brewery tonight, chatted with the bar manager, and guess where his hometown is...

...20 minutes from the car. He said he has at least a friend or two up there who could at least check it for obvious rust.  At least give me a warm-fuzzy about making the drive.  Now I just gotta get the seller to get better about responding with too few details too infrequently!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM sent.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Wayno56

Viperman, I just saw this. I live in Shelton,Ct. Trumbull is the next town over  from me. I would be glad to look at car and take some pictures for you and maybe my Mopar buddy Jeff who restores cars would go with me too. Let me know its Sunday 10:08 AM Eastern time now.

Cuda Cody

ViperMan

Haha thanks @Cuda Cody !!

Well, there wasn't any update as I really hadn't had any progress lately...  The seller called me Friday and we had a really pleasant conversation - he's a nice guy, very car-smart, has had this car for 8 years, only the second full-fledged "owner".  (The original buyer sold it to the shop that had maintained the car over the years, and then that shop sold/traded/not-sure the vehicle to a friend or employee - also not sure - who has the car now.)  That shop replaced the rocker panels several years ago, but otherwise was shocked at how clean it was.  He said everything works on it, and the original motor (a 270 Red Ram V8) has never been out of it.  41,000 original miles.

So I wasn't on my computer all weekend, but logged in this morning to see 3 offers from EBO members to go look at the car - HUGE thanks to all of you!  Hopefully I can get feedback on the car sometime this week and go from there.

I don't really want to jinx myself, but I'll post a few pictures of the car.  :)  It's exactly what I'm looking for - got a "family project" in mind that I've been kicking around for a few months.

Cuda Cody

ViperMan

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 25, 2017, 11:50:58 AM
Good looking car!  It has the right amount of doors too.

You are right, sir!!!  :)

But it also has the right amount of seats...  I want a car that the fam can hop in and go hit up a car cruise or a local show or a burger joint or, oh, I dunno, a brewery...  :)

IF and only if I actually GET the car, I'll clue everyone in on just what my long-term plan is with it - and I'm going to commission our dear friend @Dmz73 to hopefully draw me a sketch that I want to blow up and make a poster out of (maybe with your help, @Cuda Cody!) - I want a large-scale visualization to keep my fire fueled...  :)