Main Menu

Internet Fraud, shipping company

Started by soundcontrol, March 16, 2018, 03:03:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

LOVE22_85

:help:
Hi, my brother got scammed by this gelston transport company, he thought he bought a car and they would ship it in Germany, but after few weeks of waiting when he checked their site, it was taken offline. So he started searching for info and came across this blog. He lost about 30 K EUR  :(

He went to the police, but they said they can't do anything about it, the bank too so he talked to a lawyer who advised him to search more victims and file a common complaint. If the sum is above 150K the fraud can then be investigated by FBI.

Not sure if this can help, but it is better to try something than do nothing and let some criminals rip people off  :madashell:

If there are people there who would like to give it a try, please contact me.

Timbbuc2

I hope this works out, but if it dont this is terrible. I have bought several big ticket items on ebay, I would always make a deposit and pay the balance when I picked it up. I know this is different than what is being talked about, when it comes to money I dont trust anyone. Quick story, a good friend of mine bought a Gator ATV on ebay. The seller instructed her to send a Western Union for the payment, I told her not too but she did anyway. The seller said the Gator was at a Ebay warehouse, they dont have a warehouse. Anyway she wired 4500 USD and that was the end of it, ADIOS Dinero. Guy had a throw-away phone and never heard from him.
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

I hate hearing that someone else has been scammed.   :pullinghair:

soundcontrol

Quote from: LOVE22_85 on April 18, 2018, 07:11:52 AM
:help:
Hi, my brother got scammed by this gelston transport company, he thought he bought a car and they would ship it in Germany, but after few weeks of waiting when he checked their site, it was taken offline. So he started searching for info and came across this blog. He lost about 30 K EUR  :(

He went to the police, but they said they can't do anything about it, the bank too so he talked to a lawyer who advised him to search more victims and file a common complaint. If the sum is above 150K the fraud can then be investigated by FBI.

Not sure if this can help, but it is better to try something than do nothing and let some criminals rip people off  :madashell:

If there are people there who would like to give it a try, please contact me.

I will copy your post on the original FB post with a link to here so the scammed people can get together if possible.

meoschmaslam

Hey, i think internet providers should block these fraud websites or at least give a warning before opening the links. i got scammed by a cars dealer website, i paid for the car online and they said that they would ship it to my area in a few days, but after a week of waiting i checked the website at my friend's house and the browser gave an warning to enter the website, i was suspensions and i tried to call them but no answer and the website was taken offline after few days. If i had that warning too i wouldn't pay any bucks on that site, i'll change my internet provider to usave cause i don't want to lose money online anymore.

Cuda Cody

What's the company and where is the car now?

Quote from: meoschmaslam on July 10, 2020, 11:38:37 AM
sorry for bumping the thread, but i thinking it's happening with my friend now, the website he bought from,doesn't answering him for 2 days

cudamadd

Heartless people that's what these Scammers are .  I hope some how it works out and it's just a bad dream  :verymad:

soundcontrol

Quote from: meoschmaslam on July 10, 2020, 11:38:37 AM
sorry for bumping the thread, but i thinking it's happening with my friend now, the website he bought from,doesn't answering him for 2 days

What is the website?
I was looking for a Cuda, and got in touch with some extremely good scammers. e-autotraders.com, (and a week later they had another name, similar) I didn't fall for it because I investigated it carefully, but just a few weeks later a guy on e-bodies.org Facebook group proudly announced that he bought that exact car, I told him about it and  he stopped the payment. Long FB thread that he removed after a few days. (embarrassed I guess...)
There is a thread on the subject here on e-bodies.

Priesty

It seems they have left quite a trail of woe. See below link of other victims banding together, was sometime ago though.
https://www.scamguard.com/gelston-transport/
Cheers....
Steve.
72 BS23 E55 'Cuda, Lemon twist.
Seaworks HDR by steve, on Flickr