Main Menu

Internet Fraud, shipping company

Started by soundcontrol, March 16, 2018, 03:03:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

I'm forwarding a warning that my shipper recently posted on FB.

I would like to caution all of you about internet fraud.
I am working on a fraud helping a friend.
A friend back in Sweden bought a car on a internet site here in US. The car was paid for by wire transfer to a what seems to be a legit company. A very informative web page and very professionally done. It all seemed to go well in correspondence with the seller and the transport company until it was time to deliver the car. The car never showed up at the port when it was supposed to be delivered. He has contacted the seller with no response.
We have contacted authorities with no luck at all.
I just want you all to know that this happens a lot here in the US.
So make sure that you are a contacting a reputable agencies to help you out with your purchases.
Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have and be safe.

This is the company:
http://www.gelstontransport.com/index.php

Cuda Cody

The address they are using is just down the road from @ScottSmith_Harms  but it looks to be a dealership for Freightliner (a manufacture of trucks).

10220 W Westbow Rd, Spokane, WA 99224

:notsure:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 16, 2018, 03:52:02 PM
The address they are using is just down the road from @ScottSmith_Harms  but it looks to be a dealership for Freightliner (a manufacture of trucks).

10220 W Westbow Rd, Spokane, WA 99224

:notsure:

Freightliner is at 10310....  10220 is showing as gelston transport... Hopefully just a screwup that will be fixed...

Cuda Cody

Cool.  I was just using google street view to see if they had a real business sign.  Wonder why they will not reply to the customer?   :huh:

Cuda Cody

Is it possible that they don't have a street sign because they are not really there? 

https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=130308

Looks like they have their address on a lot of "websites" but they do not have a real location there.   :dunno:

1 Wild R/T

currently I'm using Google Earth, there is a building there but when you tap the street view button that street doesn't offer street view, most of the streets nearby do but not that one.....  The building does have allot of trucks in the parking lot so it fits the bill... If Scott has time maybe he could do a drive by & at least confirm or not whether Gelston is there....   Maybe even go in & ask questions....

RUNCHARGER

That's a real scary deal. I sold my orange car overseas and the buyers were awesome and the deal went well. However I could see a dishonest type feeding a buyer a good line of BS and taking the money and running. As a buyer I would want the money in escrow or something else to protect myself. As a matter of fact I think on a deal of any magnitude that I would fly over and exchange cash for the car and then personally oversee the delivery of the car to port, Sure people are busy and time is money but there is too much at stake for normal people like me that can't afford to let $100k or so fly away.
Sheldon

anlauto

I will remain positive and hope that the car eventually arrives.....

A had a scary story....with a happy ending.....

I sold my 1971 440+6 Challenger RT to Sweden and the buyer made all the arrangements.....first red flag was that when they called me, I thought they would come and pick it up, instead they wanted me to deliver it to their "Canadian" warehouse ? :clueless: they were calling me from somewhere in the States (second red flag)......
When I delivered the car to the given address....the guy greeting me had no idea the car was coming...the place looked totally sketchy....and he told me it would be sitting outside for a couple of days until the truck arrived to get it :o Also stated it would be on an open transport to Halifax NS (about 1200 miles away)before being loaded into a container  :-X

After about a month ...the car arrived in Sweden and was dirty, but once cleaned up, the buyer was extremely happy with it....I was paid in full before leaving my house, but still very nervous about the whole deal...

Of course I took these pictures that day to cover my ass....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yes: This is the POS my Challenger rode to Vancouver on, then it was going to sit outside as well. It wasn't my car anymore though and I had no input on it. I would have enclose trailered it down there and worried every minute that something would happen  if it had been on me to do it. I bet it took some hard licks by drivers at the yard too, I took a photo of the odometer and every inch of the car when I handed it over.
Sheldon

soundcontrol

There is at least 2 cases with this company, the Swede got ripped off for $14000 and another guy for $18000, if I Google some. The address seems to be fake.

Spikedog08

Wow I do hope this has a happy ending!  Wonder if there could be some kind of tracking devise installed so the new buyer would know where their car is all the time?  Sounds like a good idea to me! 

:dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

scf100

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 17, 2018, 06:46:42 AM
Wow I do hope this has a happy ending!  Wonder if there could be some kind of tracking devise installed so the new buyer would know where their car is all the time?  Sounds like a good idea to me! 

:dunno:

That's a great idea
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

HP_Cuda

Sad this thing happens. They are hiding behind privacy protect so the buyer will have to get some legal help to get past that to reveal the perps using publicdomain.com.

Wiring money is a thiefs wet dream.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

soundcontrol

Someone my shipper knows in Spokane went there and there was no such biz at the address.

Hot Rod Export. A friend of mine who lives in Spokane stopped by at the address yesterday and it was a different business. He got some valuable information from the business about others who got screwed as well.

Shoooter

thisbis heart breaking for a car guy! hopefully it all works out