Main Menu

Just Married!!

Started by RusTy/SE, November 29, 2023, 10:32:57 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RusTy/SE

Firstly, and foremost, Thank you Cody and those individuals on the site migration between host servers. After my 47 years in the IT field, moving huge amounts of data is tedious; attention to details - and seemingly endless rounds of testing are oh so time consuming.

This might get long but I'll do my best at sticking to the point and explain why I've essentially become a ghost for the better part of the last few years while tying together three events which occurred this year.

Okay, the condensed version. Back in May, I underwent successful surgery for an enlarged prostate and for that my hat's off and my grateful thanks to my Urologist, Dr. Brian Richardson. Being a month short of 65 at the time, I understood that these things happen to us as our warranties begin to come up to be addressed. In my case, the surgical procedure known as Thulium Laser Evaporation of the Prostate was selected. Literally, the very next day (and freedom from seven weeks of needing a catheter) was as if the clock had been rolled back 40 years! Zero lingering symptoms - which had first become noticeable back in January - and back to my normal self.

While all of this was taking place the first half of this year, I had decided to retire from work. I would turn 65 during June of 2023 and I felt that (I myself) was simply too old to still be doing IT work - plus I had just got a kick in the arse from my prostate. Besides, no one should be working in that field at that age, just my opinion. So I set things up for my effective retirement date to be 1 July and I informed my boss of my intentions, who was caught totally unaware, and began to take a slow deep breath as I finally could put work behind.

The last event had its beginnings in 2020 when Milynda and I first started to date. After 2 years, we felt it was time to set a date and take the next step. We both possess a goofy streak, and have so much more in common, that it just made sense and so we are now very happily married as of November 4, 2023.

Although she's not a wrench-on sort of car gal, Milynda is totally behind what I plan for my Challenger R/T SE giving me her enthusiastic approval to build a garage at her place, once I sell my house. Her one absolute rule? No yard art.

Here are some pics from our marriage including a couple of us, one of the cake topper (which Milynda actually found on Etsy  :) ), and a few Mopars that turned up, 1973 Road Runner, 2012 Challenger R/T Classic, and my own 2016 R/T.
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

Cuda Cody

What a great update!  Glad to hear you're doing so well and things are looking up for a great retirement.  Congrats on the wedding and can't wait to see the new garage.  Great cake!   :banana:

blown motor

Congratulations on successful prostate treatment, retirement and marriage. Love the cake top!!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Wow congratulations  , lots of " big events" going on! Enjoy it all!

torredcuda

Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Jay Bee

Awesome, very happy for both of you. Congratulations.

dodj

Congrats Rusty!!!
and Mrs Rusty!!
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Spikedog08

OMG!  I wish I had known!  This is amazing news!  Can't wait to meet her in Carlisle 2024!  Very cool! 

:banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Dakota

MoparLeo

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Bullitt-

:veryexcited:   ROCK ON Russ..... Congrats & Best Wishes  :cheers:
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

anlauto

Two thumbs up...all the best  :twothumbsup:  :drinkingbud:  :drinkingbud:  :1place:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MEK-Dangerous

God Bless you Russ! I'm Sooo happy for you.
May you have many years in the next chapter of your life.   :cooldance:

RusTy/SE

Thanks so much for the thoughts and wishes, everyone! I understand now why the word Love doesn't do justice to explain the feeling. Just feels really wonderful when I'm around her.  :inlove:  :veryexcited:

Quote from: Spikedog08 on November 29, 2023, 07:56:04 PMOMG!  I wish I had known!  This is amazing news!  Can't wait to meet her in Carlisle 2024!  Very cool! 

:banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

Dave, even before Milynda accepted my proposal and we became engaged February 2022, she had excitedly suggested going to Carlisle in 2024!  :idea:

Everyone being well and healthy, looks like that may happen, making the trip in my 2016 R/T.  :perfect10:  :grouphug:

:cheers:
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

soundcontrol

Congrats to you and Milynda!
Wow, 47 years in IT!
Can't even imagine how much progress you have seen in the field.