Main Menu

Looks like CC got a new design?

Started by Cuda Cody, September 22, 2017, 05:51:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: Katfish on September 23, 2017, 04:12:07 AM
Not a fan, I don't see the 2 features I used the most, "replies to my posts" or "unread posts".....

:iagree:  same here....

ToxicWolf

I need a raspberry icon.  Sorry, I couldn't help myself.   :-[

Cudakiller70

RusTy/SE

I was just on c-c.com for the first time in several weeks.  Just my two shekels, but in the IT field, hardware and software advance and improve rapidly and the need to keep up is paramount. 

I work in a Desktop Support Unit meaning if it is on the user's desk, computer related, and stops functioning as it should, our Help Desk is contacted, an electronic work ticket created, and then one of us techs will show up either in person, or remotely.  We each are the nicer version of the old SNL skit about your company's IT guy ;)  Although honestly, I often would like to borrow Gibbs' (NCIS) rolled up paper and smack some folks with a clue-by-four on occasion.

Over the last year or so, we have mostly led other State Departments in the move to Windows 10.  This caused older printers for instance to lack the software, i.e. drivers, which support them.  At the same time, our Server Support Unit - all 6 of them :Thud: - have been busy upgrading our server environment (hardware and software some of which was out of date by many versions).  Time consuming, annoying and exasperating, but necessary.

But back to my unit.  We were informed of a massive must-be-complete-before-the-end-of-September project to detach from our Department server(s) and attach to the State server.  Failure would cost the Department thousands of $$$$$ beginning 1 October as 30 September ends the fiscal year.  Every user knew it was coming and we techs would "strongly Suggest saving your files on the network rather than locally to the computer on your desk".  The number of folks who have no clue how to do this even after placing a shortcut to their desktop is amazing - many whiskeytangofoxtrot moments.

We 'migrated' our own desktop pcs first and definitely sounded much like Topcat's group of little old ladies as we got our own environments functioning properly again.  However, it led to me not having any desire to even wake my home pc up, never mind signing on to the forum, which is why I haven't been on much of anywhere recently. 

Get to the point, Russ!  It appears Ross is waist deep in resolving the ever widening gap between c-c.com's architecture as it was and where it needed to be in order to function again.  I hope he is successful. 

And kudos to Cody as that enormous effort shows here seeing how few changes have been injected since e-bodies.org went live.  Herculean effort to be sure, and the results are just fantastic. 

One more week and my unit can catch it's collective breath.  It's partly why I have been listening to this ridiculous ditty by the Beat Farmers lately - apologies to anybody with a dog named Spot:

Happy Boy  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEZtII8rt_Y   :haha:

JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

MEK-Dangerous

I just checked in to C-C. I don't like the new design much at all. I hope this is a BETA version.

Roadman

Well I just went to take a look.  No more" show unread posts since last visit "  Thats my most used feature. And get this  No posts in my SUGAR AND SPICE thread since Jan.  Guess they don't like babes no more.   :haha: :rofl:  Oh well, this is home right here.   :grouphug:      :rebelflag"

Brads70

Cuda Cody

Quote from: Brads70 on September 24, 2017, 01:59:05 PM
Ahhhh but it's great to be king!  :D

:haha:  That is pretty dang funny.    :pokeeye:   :rofl:   I'm sure only a few people will get that one.

You have my word, you'll never hear me call myself a King.  :handshake:  I'm here to serve and help as much as I can.  :drinkingbud:

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

nsmall

Ahhh so tempting to do a little  :pokeeye:

So instead, how about a big Thank You to e-bodies.org.  I'm going to finish my car and stay married thanks to this site.

Roadman

Quote from: nsmall on September 24, 2017, 04:40:18 PM
Ahhh so tempting to do a little  :pokeeye:

So instead, how about a big Thank You to e-bodies.org.  I'm going to finish my car and stay married thanks to this site.

:iagree:       A BIG THANK YOU TO CUDA CODY for giving us a family of E Body lovers a forum where we can feel comfortable .   :grouphug:  Since my hospital visit I really can't do much anymore, so this is where my friends and family are. So lets have fun.    :banana: :drinkingbud: :cheers:

nsmall

Get better roadman.   Do you still have an e-body?   

Yes a HUGE thank you to Cody.  Cody would make a great king.  Totally don't get the reference.

71GranCoupe

C-C is what got me back in the saddle with the Mopars. It is too bad the suggestions that were posted were ignored for years. It is good to see they are finally doing some upgrades, but I find it hard to follow a forum with all "CAPS", just way too hard to read. I have been checking in once a week or so, but the all Caps thing may be a hindrance.

Like Roadman said, this is home and hope to be around for a long time. Just lots of great stuff and the site owner is involved. This is a big deal for a successful site.   :cheers:

Chryco Psycho

Chryco Psycho

It has taken a ton of effort but Cody has kicked ass with the new site & Cody does nothing 1/2 way so this will only continue to grow & improve
Thanks to Cody & everyone that contributes in any way here  :cheers: