Main Menu

What do you think of the new 2020 Chevy design?

Started by Cuda Cody, December 05, 2018, 03:41:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kawahonda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 09, 2019, 11:43:14 AM
Great truck, The standard cabs are hard to find. My 5.7 pulls pretty good with the 3.90's even being a crew cab. Yours should rock pretty good.

Oh yeah! With the 8 speed, the 3.21 is a fantastic gear if your towing occasionally or rarely. The 3.21 with 8 speed is equivalent to 3.73 with 6 speed.

I rarely tow, so it's perfect. Fuel injection is hard to beat. It's just so responsive. You're right, the 8 speed is a winner.

The towing mirrors are pimp. The car wash kicked their ass today though. Note to self: fold in tow mirrors next time.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

kawahonda

Quote from: gaddied on February 09, 2019, 03:50:26 PM
OMG , Chevy has really gone down hill . Back in 2016 chevy had a photo of the new 2016 Silverado . But when the pickup came out it didn't even look close to the photo.  It looked even uglier .  :thumbdown:
I am thinking of a  new Ram pickup next year.

IDK, my co-worker has a 2017 hot-rod red Silverado quad cab with tan leather inside, and it always catches my eye in the parking lot. It's absolutely gorgeous. I've ridden in it and thought it was extremely well built. Nothing wrong with a chevy truck...

If you're considering a Ram, I would highly recommend considering the used route. The degradation of Rams are greater than Ford and GM. The delta of a, let's say 2015 w/ 25k miles (and still factory warrantee) vs a 2019 is about $13,000. IMO, that much delta screams that the smarter decision is to go used. Plus, there are metric tons of used quad cab Rams, so working up a deal is far easier than working up a deal on a rare standard cab!
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

screamindriver

Yeah, that grille shot does nothing for promoting the new model...Glad I bought ours this year...Why do the manufacturers always ride the same styling wave ? Taking ques from a best selling model from another brand in hopes of pulling some business their way I guess...
  Say what you will about chevys but our 2500HD duramax smoked a lot of dodges on the road hauling trips.. I just picked a new 3500HD and brought it back to the shop{26 miles}... Nothing like taking off a new box to install a service body...Anyhow, I think the employees will like the new ride...
On a lighter note...Look what was on the back lot for sale !! Even had a 4spd on the floor... :o

7E-Bodies

Could somebody let Cuda Cody know his account has been hacked? :soshelp: :stop: :'(
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

YellowThumper

Digging up an old thread as I figured out where their design ques came from.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Just gotta remove the word "ram" from the doors, and the "4x4" and "Laramie" and "Woodhouse" off the tailgate and I will be good to go! 

I hate that crap like that they stick on, makes it look cheap.
Plus they're not paying me to advertise.

RUNCHARGER

Yup: That cheese comes right off with a heat gun and some fishing line to cut through the two sided tape it's held on with.
Sheldon