Main Menu

Mopars in movies

Started by ec_co, May 10, 2017, 05:36:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Xghobo

Has anyone ever noticed in season 4 of the wire,  after the new mayor won the job he got public works to go tow junk cars off the streets. I am almost positive they are dragging a 70 cuda convertible  up on the flat bed??

Rich G.

Watched an old episode of the TV show Mannix last night and he was driving a 73 Cuda convertible! It had the 73 grill, taillights and even had the rubber bumper guards. I thought I read that they kept the same original 70 car and just replaced the grill and tail panel as the years went by.

anlauto

The oddest place to find a Cuda....the upcoming Wakanda Forever movie.... :huh:
Check out the trailer at the 1:20 mark...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

My wife was watching an old Columbo movie season 1 episode 2 I think, I saw a B5 Blue Challenger with a white R/T stripe convertible about 10 or so minutes in.

Matt13

I saw another clip from "Wakanda Forever". It appears the 'Cuda will be wrecked. Either that or it can fly. :) well, there goes a couple more E-bodies out of circulation forever... :madashell:

JS29

dodj

Quote from: Matt13 on November 10, 2022, 12:28:52 PM
I saw another clip from "Wakanda Forever". It appears the 'Cuda will be wrecked. Either that or it can fly. :) well, there goes a couple more E-bodies out of circulation forever... :madashell:
While some are still wrecked, I think some of the car destruction in movies today may be computer generated graphics? At least I like to think so.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

ledphoot

Watched it last night, I think they smoked a >72 Cuda for real. There were at least two... The car was a big part of the movie, I heard guys in the audience go "Wo, that's a Cuda" LoL... Nice to have one in my shop :) I was elbowing the wife every time the car was on the screen.

Skdmark

John Wick Chapter 4.
Upgraded to a 71 Cuda

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Matt13

Quote from: ledphoot on November 16, 2022, 05:56:00 PM
Watched it last night, I think they smoked a >72 Cuda for real. There were at least two... The car was a big part of the movie, I heard guys in the audience go "Wo, that's a Cuda" LoL... Nice to have one in my shop :) I was elbowing the wife every time the car was on the screen.
I saw it as well. My son said "pretty cool, huh?" I said the 440 billboard on a '72 ruined it for me.  :thumbdown:

Jay Bee

Quote from: ledphoot on November 16, 2022, 05:56:00 PM
I was elbowing the wife every time the car was on the screen.
That's hilarious,  :))  she must have been so annoyed after, what, the fifth time.

Jay Bee

Quote from: Skdmark on November 16, 2022, 06:21:32 PM
John Wick Chapter 4.  Upgraded to a 71 Cuda

Ha, they used my idea....

ledphoot

I showed my wife the John Wick clip with the 'Cuda and she's like "You're never getting rid of that car are you?"

My response was, "Baby, I've had that car most of my life, it's my Time Machine, the movie had nothing to do with me keeping it. I will let it go when I can't drive it anymore."

worthywads

Watched Move over, Darling from 1963 with Doris Day and James Garner

Jim drove a 63 Imperial Crown convertible, silly Doris drove in through a car wash and accidentally put the top up in the middle and it filled with water....

Lots of 58 plymouth taxis and a 60.  63 Savoy

Jay Bee

Red Letter Media reviewed Action USA as a B.O.T.W. B movie