Main Menu

My Ram transmission update

Started by torredcuda, July 26, 2023, 12:03:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

chargerdon

Wow...makes me feel so lucky that ive NEVER had and serious problems with any of the daily driver mopars ive owend over the years.   

Back in 2017 I bought a used 2008 Sebring convertible with 68,000 miles on it.  It had the 2.7V6 engine that is supposed to self destruct from leaking water pump and cam belt tensioners...   BUT...it ran beautifully and got great gas mileage.     I owned it for 5 years and put 45,000 miles on it.   I had problems with its complicated retractable top mechanism that i fixed myself  and that was interesting.   The problem was the electric motor in the header to operate the latches.   Chrysler no longer sells the replacement motor as its over 8 years old.   I was able to repair the motor myself.    Then later i had to replace the the water inlet mechanism that attaches to the top of the engine as it started to leak...no biggee..   Otherwise, no issues. 

I sold it this spring for nearly what i paid for it and bought a 2012 Chrysler 200 Limited convertible with only 39,000 miles.   It has the Pentastar 3.7 V6 that has tons of power and still gets 24 MPG.    So, far the only problem i have had was with the passenger side power door lock quit working.   I replaced the door lock with one from a 2008 Sebring convertible as a new one was over $100.    So far no other issues...oh and i love that 3.7 pentastar engine with its 6 sp auto.   I guess i just have been lucky.