Main Menu

Newbie from Nebraska

Started by Dan440-6pack, February 10, 2020, 10:37:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dan440-6pack

Hi all,

Been lurking some but try to spend all available time in the garage.  I have a 70 Challenger 440-6 4 speed.  Plum Crazy with black vinyl top. Dec. 69 build date.  California car with ECS.

I bought it in 10,000 pieces and now it is in 2,000 pieces.  When I got it the numbers matching block was not in the car.  It was a bare block but had all the parts to it.  Luckily the numbers matching block was fine. The 4 speed is numbers matching also.  Here of some pics of how she looked when I got her and some later pics.  I have it further along but have not taken pictures lately.  I redid the 4 speed myself with Jamie Passon's book in hand.  Had a pro do the motor.  Put new clutches in the Dana.

I decided I'm going to let a body shop do the painting.  I am tired of setting up my red-neck paint booth and I want better results than I can do myself.  Had them do some body work and paint interior so I could get busy putting her together.

I'll be asking for some help on a few little pieces I cannot figure out where they go.  Wrapping up the engine compartment now.  Starting on the steering column.  Just sent the gauges out today to get checked out.

P.S.  That breather was temporary... it is gone now. :D

Stein

Welcome Dan from another Nebraskain. I'm in SE Nebraska,  need any parts or help let me know. Kent

cuda hunter

Welcome from Colorado!

Sweet ride there!  Does it retain it's fender tag or build sheet? 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Dan440-6pack

I have the fender tag. The broadcast sheet was chewed by mice but I kept the bits. My wife likes jigsaw puzzles so she is doing her best to get together what she can.

JS29

:welcome: From central New York! Going to be a sharp car.  :popcorn:

cuda hunter

Quote from: Dan440-6pack on February 10, 2020, 11:56:39 AM
I have the fender tag. The broadcast sheet was chewed by mice but I kept the bits. My wife likes jigsaw puzzles so she is doing her best to get together what she can.

That's sweet!  Please post pics of how the build sheet turns out after the restoration of the paper. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Brads70

Welcome,  Nice to see another ebody coming together!

Dakota

:wave:  Hey Dan - welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY.  I have a similar car but with the "little brother" 340 in it (mine isn't a numbers anything though).  You're in the best place to find whatever help you need.  The gurus here seem to especially like to see who can identify a mystery part quickest, so just post a pic or two if you're scratching your head. 

Chryco Psycho

Welcome from Panama  :wave:
I am kinda partial to Purple R/Ts  :twothumbsup:

wimpy

Welcome from another newb with the same color car !!

CudaMoparRay

:welcome: from Riverside, California

71-440

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum from Atlanta!
Joe

RUNCHARGER

Awesome car. Welcome from B.C. Canada.
Sheldon

dodgemania

:welcome: to the site  sweet challenger  :cheers:

RusTy/SE