Main Menu

Long time E-body owner in Nebraska

Started by CudaJim, November 30, 2021, 02:13:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaJim

Hello all,

Great site you have here!  Thanks to the founder(s) and admins!

My earliest e-body exposure was models and toys in the 1970's, TV, movies, and watching a few real ones drive by from my banana seat bike.  My first e-body was an orange (originally yellow) '74 318 Barracuda, bought around 1982 - it was rusty and beat, but served as my daily driver for another 100k miles through high school and college - unfortunately I parted a few more 318 Barracudas to keep it going (cheaper than junkyards and few repro parts in those days..sorry..hindsight).  Next was a '70 FJ5 383 auto Challenger R/T that I worked on for years, nice original car but I never finished the body and paint, last I heard it was finished and went to Tennessee.  I replaced the Challenger with the '70 BH27L auto I've had for the last 20+ years - originally DY3, now FJ5 with black interior and 'Cuda stuff added - a nice driver, it was at the Columbus Nats in the '80's.  Friends and family had other mopars - mostly '69 B-bodies, but a variety, so lots of other Pentastar exposure.

Most of my e-body activities have been 'offline', for example, mostly local/regional shows and swaps and the E-Body Mopar Club of America, and picking up the odd part here and there.  I was the original 'JimR/T' on moparts.com a long time ago, someone else came along and used that name after me.  Alot of online lurking since then when time allowed.  I recognize some names here and have probably interacted with some of you in the past.  In general, life keeps me busy, so I enjoy e-bodies when and where I can.  I may be on here for weeks straight, then off for weeks or months, hard to say.

Thanks again for the great site!

Jim   

Mopsquad

Welcome from Palm Springs!  Glad to have your knowledge and experience on this board.

anlauto

Welcome to the best E Body website in the world ...great group of guys here :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Welcome to the site! Post up some pictures of your cars when you can!

JS29

CudaMoparRay

Chryco Psycho

Dakota

:wave:  Hey CudaJim, welcome to the forum from Buffalo, NY.   Glad to have you with us.   Lots of great help is available here.

jimynick

Here's another welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: Glad you signed up, and, as mentioned, some pics wouldn't come amiss either.  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

71340RT

Welcome to the site CudaJim. I grew up in Nebraska in a small town called Genoa before a job landed me in southern IL and I stayed there. You have found the best E-body site on the web and the best place for information.
1971 Challenger RT 340 auto 1 of 731
1973 Challenger Rallye 392 Hemi A41 4 speed automatic
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi auto

cudamadd

A big welcome cudaJim  sounds like you have tons of experience . This is the best forum IMO . Hope to see some photos enjoy cheers  :australia:

CudaJim

I'll try to post a few pics:

CudaJim

Sorry, not sure why the pics rotated...