Main Menu

Need travel tips

Started by blown motor, October 21, 2022, 09:47:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

If you were gong from Cleveland, OH to Louisville, KY on I71 and then to Nashville on I65 what would be some good points of interest to stop and see?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Bullitt-

I've been to Nashville several times through the years, never from the north, usually for a day trip.   Guess everyone should experience downtown once in their life. Only destination that comes to mind is the Opryland Hotel. Stayed there a few days 20-yrs ago and was blown away. Went back with my girls about six years ago for their Christmas goings-ons.... Definitely worth the price of admission.  Only restaurant I'd return to is Puckett's 500 Church St., had probably the best Ribeye I've ever tasted. 

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

headejm

If you are a baseball fan, the Louisville Slugger factory tour iand museum in Louisville is very cool. If you are a bourbon fan, Louisville has several distillery's that offer tours and tastings.

69BFan

Bowling Green, KY has the Corvette museum.  Downtown Nashville is interesting to walk through and check out the local music scene, very diverse offerings.  Jack Daniel's Distillery is just Southwest of Nashville.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

djw383

https://m.yelp.com/biz/lane-motor-museum-nashville Lane Motors Museum

If you like music, go downtown broadway, before 5pm because it gets crowded. If you like real traditional Country music go to Roberts Western World and have a classic fired bologna sandwich or a cheeseburger.

Country Music Hall of Fame is a must see.

If you want to see shock and awe drive down 2nd or 3rd Ave to see the remain destruction from the Christmas Bomber two years ago. Thankful only the bomber died.

Walk up to one of the roof top bars to get a view of the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrantZimmerman

I stumbled upon this one-year-old thread and thought I'd chime in. If you were planning a road trip from Cleveland, OH to Louisville, KY, and then Nashville, here are some points of interest you might have considered:
1. Cincinnati, OH: The Cincinnati Zoo or catching a game at the Great American Ball Park are worth a visit.
2. Louisville, KY: The Kentucky Derby Museum and Churchill Downs racetrack offer exciting experiences.
And hey, if you need help planning your trip or looking for train schedules, you can check out https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/. It's a useful website that can assist you with train trips and exploring different destinations.

cuda hunter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_Monument_in_Louisville
This is a good one to stop at.  It was moved to this location by the woke people in Louisville as the actual historical past offends them.   Beautiful area with a nice little park next to the river.

Then there is this,  A few cemetery locations with rebel tombstones.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

70 Challenger Lover

We moved to Nashville and love it.

On the downtown scene, Monday through Thursday is fun, even at night. Great live music everywhere. Older crowds and children during the day so pretty tame. Obviously, nighttime is adults only. It is truly the bachelorette capital now. Every night of the week but they are fun and cause no trouble.

Friday through Sunday is really for the young crowd. Expect to stand in lines as it's standing room only even on the streets. I don't care for dealing with sht faced drunks anymore so we avoid the weekends.

Opry has a great show and price is very reasonable. There isn't a bad seat in the place so don't overpay to get close unless you really want to. The cool thing about Opry is the headliners are in flux until the final days. We've booked shows and got lucky enough to see huge country stars who were last minute add ons.

If you like horse racing, check out Church Hill Downs in Louisville. Only been once but it's nice to see families come out and stay the whole day. Not at all like the degenerate tracks I've seen with seedy people trying to make a buck. It's actually classy and people dress and behave accordingly.

If you like the outdoors, check out Mammoth Cave National Park near Bowling Greene Kentucky. Miles of cave tours as well as nature hikes. Very pretty. You could spend a whole day there and not take it all in.

We also did a canoe trip in that area. They drive you to a spot and drop you off and then pick you up at a designated spot hours later. That was pretty cool. We leisurely made our way down a beautiful tree lined river and only saw a couple other people that whole afternoon. Very peaceful and relaxing.

Lots of bourbon tours everywhere in KY and TN. If you're in Nashville, I recommend Green Briar Distillery inside Nashville proper. They have a pleasant lounge where you can sit on nice furniture and just do the tasting on your own. And a tasting is like a full ounce each of four different high end whiskies. Bring a designated driver. I've never done the actual tour. Can't seem to make it past the lounge. Nice gift shop where you can get some of their limited bottles of small batch stuff between $60-200 a bottle. They have this small batch bourbon there called Madeira that is phenomenal.