Main Menu

New 2021 Dodges

Started by Burdar, July 02, 2020, 09:29:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Burdar

Dodge just unveiled a couple new 2021 models on Dodge.com

https://www.dodge.com/

The 2021 Hellcat Duranago and the 2021 Challenger Super Stock(807hp)

7212Mopar

:thinking: If I trade in my 2012 and get the Super Stock, I will lose the manual transmission. My insurance will surely take a hike too. My wife is going to get in the constant nagging mode. But I get 807 HP. Worth it? My 470 HP SRT is already a handful. Do I need more?
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

anlauto

I still love how is this day and age of tree huggers and zero emissions cars, Dodge doesn't give a shit and still brings out high horse power 10 sec family sedans :clapping: 
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kathyscuda

im waiting for the DODGE 'CUDA'

soundcontrol

Quote from: anlauto on July 02, 2020, 02:16:38 PM
I still love how is this day and age of tree huggers and zero emissions cars, Dodge doesn't give a shit and still brings out high horse power 10 sec family sedans :clapping:

Exactly! I was just talking to my best friend (Ford guy) about this, he owns a -67 and a -07 Shelby GT500. In the 80-90s we thought the muscle car era was behind us, and then it comes back! Mopar and Ford and fighting with HP again. Amazing...

YellowThumper

Lest not forget the mid engine vet. Lol
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

RUNCHARGER

It's a great time for cars alright. The only bad thing is our E-bodies were top of the heap for decades performance wise, They don't compare to these new cars though.
My truck has 395HP, weighs 5500lbs and knocks down 23MPG, and it's a truck.
Sheldon

jimynick

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 02, 2020, 06:20:30 PM
It's a great time for cars alright. The only bad thing is our E-bodies were top of the heap for decades performance wise, They don't compare to these new cars though.
My truck has 395HP, weighs 5500lbs and knocks down 23MPG, and it's a truck.
I hear ya! I was driving my truck to my cottage last week and happened to look down as we tooted along. Imagine my surprise when I looked at the speedo and it showed about 105kph or about 65 mph and the tach said it was turning about 1600 rpm! Jesus, my Challenger turns about 3000+ at the same speed!  :huh:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

Too many constant pop ups on that site to ever actually get to view anything  :pullinghair:

anlauto

Pop-ups ? I didn't get any during the video  :dunno:  It's a good video, everybody should watch it... :twothumbsup:

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

72 Challenger

Quote from: anlauto on July 02, 2020, 02:16:38 PM

I have a different take on this and it may be unpopular on this forum but...I think the reason why gasoline car manufacturers are making these cars right now is because these numbers will be peanuts compared to what electric cars will do in a short time. If they don't make them now they won't be able to sell these high profit cars in the near future. A 1000hp family electric car will be here soon. HP is even easier to make with an electric car.

I don't meant to be doom and gloom but I think these cars are a sign of Detroit realising this is the end of a primarily gasoline performance car era.

I will add in here though that, the last internal combustion engine sold in Canada will go to me lol.

I love the new Durango Hellcat and I have always been a fan of the widebody Challengers. Too bad the Durango Hellcat is a one year only vehicle with a 2000 production limit. Next year it won't meet the EPA emissions for it's platform.
Someday I will have a J0b.

Cudajason

I don't typically watch these videos, but I am glad I watched this one.

Great insight into what the company is about, yes I realize that is the point, but I like it.

The new line up looks cool. Makes me miss my Charger.

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

Quote from: Cudajason on July 03, 2020, 07:17:36 AM
I don't typically watch these videos, but I am glad I watched this one.

That's why I posted the second link to just the video....I quite enjoyed it...

RUNCHARGER

I too think the end is near for the traditional gas powered musclecars. It was the same feeling when the 70 HemiCuda came out. Manufacturers were going all in because they knew the great cars would be a memory by 1972.
Sheldon

ToxicWolf

I almost feel bad about liking my wife's Prius.  It has a gas engine that charges the batteries and never needs to be plugged in somewhere.  Averaging 63 mpg. Handles well and is very responsive.  I'm just glad that I'm old enough to have experienced the cars of the late 60s and early 70s.   :stayinlane: