Main Menu

New addition to the family

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, May 04, 2019, 12:13:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

As soon as I get the car, I'm ordering this plate. Thanks for posting it!

THE ZUKE

Cuda70-74

Nice score and I know I couldn't afford a 71 so had to make a clone.
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

70 Challenger Lover

The 71 has always been a dream car for me and the last few years I've watched them skyrocket in price (probably because so many have been turned into hemi clones). I was getting to a point where I wasn't sure it would ever happen, even considered cloning a different year into a 71 myself. I don't see it as that much different than people who build cobra kit cars because real cobras are insanely expensive. Those kit cars sell for a ton of money too, as do other clones.

This one seemed to be within reach at $50k so even though it was before my timetable, I knew I should just go for it before it was gone. I think a deal does come around now and then but certain cars you just have to jump on them when the opportunity presents itself. The only reason things lined up for me was that the seller kept advertising his car so badly that it smacked of not being legit.

Cuda70-74

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on May 08, 2019, 07:19:19 AM
The 71 has always been a dream car for me and the last few years I've watched them skyrocket in price (probably because so many have been turned into hemi clones). I was getting to a point where I wasn't sure it would ever happen, even considered cloning a different year into a 71 myself. I don't see it as that much different than people who build cobra kit cars because real cobras are insanely expensive. Those kit cars sell for a ton of money too, as do other clones.

This one seemed to be within reach at $50k so even though it was before my timetable, I knew I should just go for it before it was gone. I think a deal does come around now and then but certain cars you just have to jump on them when the opportunity presents itself. The only reason things lined up for me was that the seller kept advertising his car so badly that it smacked of not being legit.
I agree. Now it has me wondering if other brand of cars that aren't  popular will there price go up since people can afford those. Let say for example a 68 Buick skylark
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger