Main Menu

New Dodge Demon

Started by Topcat, January 12, 2017, 08:10:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HP_Cuda

I would be the first to say I would love it if those numbers were real but you have to overcome certain things:

The 2.4L IHI supercharger runs 14,600RPM at just over 11PSI.
The hints point to a new blower that can push 20PSI. That's 1.72 more boost and dang near runs at 30k RPM but does put the motor in the 1200HP range if everything else holds up and the blower doesn't implode.

The engine flows 30,000 liters of air per minute.
The Demon would flow near twice this and remember the Hellcat had to be reworked over it's previous design to get more air into the motor. If this is the case the Demon would have to move the battery to the trunk to make more room.

It takes 80 horsepower just to drive the supercharger.
This parasitic drag will increase with the Demon but by how much? I guess we will have to see what genius IHI has in store.

The Hellcat makes more than 800 horsepower, gross, but is SAE certified at the crank for 707.
Here is where the rubber meets the road. The Demon would have to be completely rebuilt from the ground up to achieve these horsepower levels and have any kind of warranty on it. Remember the Hellcat had "The increased peak cylinder pressure of the Hemi Hellcat required that pistons, conrods, and crankshaft were all upgraded. The pistons are forged, high-strength alloy and the piston pins use diamond-like-carbon coating. Ninety-one percent of the content is new" and There are 21,000 lb of load on each piston; they use diamond coated piston pins.

The last part that gets me is that you will have to run Cam2 Purple race fuel. Geez I don't even know if it's sold anymore. But if you look at one of the videos the Demon does have a button on the center dash for different fuel types.

Heck I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!! :1place:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

303 Mopar

Forced induction with two headlight inlets and a big scoop on the hood!  I WANT ONE!!!   :wowzers:

Cuda Cody

Love the Air Grabber logo!!!!

Did you see that it had 2 front seats?   :huh:  Thought it was only supposed to have one?

JS29

Quote from: Shoooter link=topic=256.msg2412#msg2412 date=1484291181... barf....why is there no little smily guy puking??
/quote]      :iagree: I second the motion!!!!!

Brads70

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 09, 2017, 06:47:31 AM
Love the Air Grabber logo!!!!

Did you see that it had 2 front seats?   :huh:  Thought it was only supposed to have one?

I agree, its those little functional design elements that hooked me into Mopars long ago!  :takemymoney:  But I'll have to win a lottery first though... :tired:

HP_Cuda

Well I called it, they had to somehow get more airflow into the motor.

Interesting air grabber from underneath the hood as well - nice throwback to the old days.

This sucker will drink fuel like the Mojave Desert!!!

HP_Cuda

The other cool design which is a little foreign to me is that with this blower setup the air actually gets forced upwards towards the injectors and into the cylinder.

In the old days, the carb would sit atop the blower and suck air and fuel down into the plenum.

Dang newfangled fuel injection!!! Funny story, my grandfather who lived to age 94 would tell me back in the 80's - Fuel injection hell that's nothing new they had that back in the 20's. So many upgrades to our modern cars were done way back when but forgotten for some time and then reintroduced.

Cuda Cody

This beast is going to hook up!!!!

750-h2

The Demon is also getting lower gears 3:09 compared to the Hellcats 2:60's as well as a higher stall torque converter! :bigthumb:

Markp

This is going to be a very fast car. Hellcats are NHRA certified 10.8 bone stock with 20" Drag Radials. Demon is 200lbs lighter 3.09s and better TC 18" wheels on DRs. That should be no problem 10.5s if not lower. Remember the fastest bone stock time on drag radials for a Hellcat is 10.6. Now with the added HP of the Demon if it is 100-150hp over the Hellcat we are easily looking at a possible 9.99-10.03 street legal car off of the showroom floor. WOW
1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  I think we could be looking at a factory 9 second car.   :fingerscrossed:

Markp

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 16, 2017, 08:51:45 AM
:iagree:  I think we could be looking at a factory 9 second car.   :fingerscrossed:

If in the next video's they show a roll bar or a option for one then YES 100% 9 sec car. I just wish they never put those flares on and I am not a fan of the Mustang style hood. If it wasn't for those two things my Hellcat would be replaced by the Demon. Maybe I will just wait until I am off warranty and do 3.09 gears pulley and tune and I am as fast as a Demon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9_X84G5wfM
1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP

HP_Cuda

Man I look forward to Thursdays now and this weeks 16 sec video left me wanting.

Unfortunately it was info that was already out there but it does point to the fact that this is a pure factory race car setup.

So for all those who think they are going to take the Demon out on windy roads and have it handle with all this power might want to think again.

:thinking:

303 Mopar

This is the pic from the video with "815" as a clue on the tires. Since it shows the tires folding due to the TQ, could there be 815 lb TQ?

Cuda Cody

I didn't see 815 in the video.  Watched it again and it's a 315 to my eyes.  Photochopped?