Main Menu

Of course a Cat 5 storm is heading my way.... just because I moved.

Started by mopar thunder, September 06, 2017, 04:17:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

Outer bands just reaching us in Orlando.  Her @Solarguy  how is it down there  ??

Solarguy

It's ripping pretty good down here.  Wind gusts above 70 with the worst yet to come.  The west coast and the keys are going to get battered.  Power goes off and on, but I think I'll be spared any real damage.  Saw Brickell Ave in Downtown Miami turned into a river on TV.   Buckle up and Be safe up there @Roadman

Roadman

Quote from: Solarguy on September 10, 2017, 09:59:03 AM
It's ripping pretty good down here.  Wind gusts above 70 with the worst yet to come.  The west coast and the keys are going to get battered.  Power goes off and on, but I think I'll be spared any real damage.  Saw Brickell Ave in Downtown Miami turned into a river on TV.   Buckle up and Be safe up there @Roadman

Stay safe    :rebelflag"

Cudakiller70

I guess not a good day to take up surfing or windsurfing
I'm not so sure these reporters are any smarter
Praying for the best for you guys

Roadman

Curfew for entire state from 7pm today till 6pm tomorrow. Entire state of Georgia has declared a state of emergency.   :rebelflag"

Roadman

:stop:                                          :rebelflag"

Roadman

Really weird, never seen a storm do this. Sucks Tampa Bay dry, and some ocean fronts. When the wind direction changes, the storm surge starts.    https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/videos/gallery/hurricane-sucks-the-ocean-away-from-florida-see-it/sharevideo/5571279736001

Burdar

Looks like Mopar Thunder is getting a direct hit. I hope he got out and didn't decide to stay.

dodj

Hope everybody is OK, Glad to see irma is down to cat 2. Hope it dies out fast.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

mopar thunder

I am still here. Up until yesterday we thought it was going up the east coast so we boarded up but then when I woke and saw it shifted and was coming here it was too late. Gas all gone, roads at stand still then so we have hunkered down and are just waiting. So far hasn't been so bad but I can hear the wind getting louder. The worst is yet to come..... and of course over night when it is dark.

Roadman

Quote from: mopar thunder on September 10, 2017, 05:15:48 PM
I am still here. Up until yesterday we thought it was going up the east coast so we boarded up but then when I woke and saw it shifted and was coming here it was too late. Gas all gone, roads at stand still then so we have hunkered down and are just waiting. So far hasn't been so bad but I can hear the wind getting louder. The worst is yet to come..... and of course over night when it is dark.
Let me know anything I can do to help. You can stay here, I have room.  Goes for anybody in this storm.   :rebelflag"

Rev-It-Up

You guys are in our prayers! Keep checking in when you can. Stay safe!
Rev-It-Up

Roadman

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on September 10, 2017, 05:27:02 PM
You guys are in our prayers! Keep checking in when you can. Stay safe!

Thank you @Rev-It-Up