34 (60.7%)
Pink cars are for girls only
1 (1.8%)
No man wants to drive a pink car
6 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: February 14, 2023, 04:56:53 PM

72 Challenger

My dream car is a 1970 Challenger T/A in FM3.

Not that I can afford it or afford to resstore it but this one caught my eye because it was Pink. When I read the ad and it said originally purple i was less interested  https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/chatham-kent/project-car/1646480339

Someday I will have a J0b.

Brads70

I don't dislike them I think they are cool when you see one. It would not be my first color choice though if I could only have 1 ebody.  :alan2cents:

Jay Bee

Quote from: anlauto on January 31, 2023, 04:56:53 PM
or do I stick with red or orange or green like everybody else ?

FC7   :pokeeye:  Sorry, couldn't resist.

YYZ

I like FM3 but I wouldn't do it for resale

Ditto for FY1.

Red, orange, black, blue.

Modern hues of the above could give it a little something extra without going too far from original.

Or something like B7 with a blue interior

kdcarman

Quote from: anlauto on January 31, 2023, 05:17:32 PM
Quote from: dodj on January 31, 2023, 05:06:13 PM

I think a lot of people will go look at an FM3 car and say "wow", "cool"....but not want to own it.

EXACTLY my thought  :'(

Agree!

bentpshrods

A couple summers ago a car friend of mine had a buddy come to town with a 70 FM3 cuda with black interior/stripe. Very pretty car that got a lot of attention because that is not a color you see very often. I liked it a lot. A town west of Boise has a rodeo each year where the bad ass cowboys, bronc, and bull riders all wear a pink shirt one night  with the logo---- Tough enough for Pink-- on them in support of breast cancer awareness.  Quite a site. I always wanted to get one of those shirts and drive a FM3 car with it,( preferably a FM T/A or AAR). If you build that car in that color combo it would get a lot of attention and not be that hard to sell.     

anlauto

Quote from: YYZ on February 01, 2023, 08:19:33 AM

Ditto for FY1.

Modern hues of the above could give it a little something extra without going too far from original.

My first thought was EV2 Tor Red / Hemi Orange....but as my painter (the guy really wants to paint a FM3 car) points out, from a slight distance it's NOT going to stand out whatsoever...it will look like any other orange AAR.....but pink draws attention everywhere it goes...
but that brings me back to dodj's point "I think a lot of people will go look at an FM3 car and say "wow", "cool"....but not want to own it."
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

torredcuda

Quote from: anlauto on February 01, 2023, 09:20:57 AM

Ditto for FY1.

My first thought was EV2 Tor Red / Hemi Orange....but as my painter (the guy really wants to paint a FM3 car) points out, from a slight distance it's NOT going to stand out whatsoever...it will look like any other orange AAR.....but pink draws attention everywhere it goes...
but that brings me back to dodj's point "I think a lot of people will go look at an FM3 car and say "wow", "cool"....but not want to own it."

Since it`s going to have a modern drivetrain do a modern version of EV2 - either ad some pearl or fine mettalic to it or find a newer orange that "pops" more.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Blowout

I think the FM3 cars are cool and wouldnt mine owning one. It's one of the first colors I remember when I think about seeing my first e body as a kid. I think with a modern drive train, it would be pretty awesome and sell.

YYZ

Quote from: torredcuda on February 01, 2023, 11:06:39 AM

Since it`s going to have a modern drivetrain do a modern version of EV2 - either ad some pearl or fine mettalic to it or find a newer orange that "pops" more.

Perhaps some sort of orange from House of Kolor -- extra vibrant

anlauto

IN MY OPINION....it's when you start to put custom colors, or custom paint jobs, stripes etc...on a car, that's when you start narrowing the field of potential buyers...because now you have to find someone else that likes your choice as much as you do....I think sticking with a factory 1970 colour, or a slightly tweaked version of an original colour is the only way to appeal to the masses  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on February 01, 2023, 09:20:57 AM

Ditto for FY1.

Women have money too?  :D :Stirring:

anlauto

I'm surprised I haven't heard from any FM3 haters out there .... :angry:

Fern

If someone already owns an ebody, they might want an original pink AAR. but if it's there only one, maybe not so much. But what do I know. My favorite would be TX9 with black interior and black stripes. I think the flat black hood and stripes look great against the shiny black paint.

YYZ

EV2 is already a metallic paint, you could keep the original tint (or close to it) but use some of the fancier pearl and metallic additives to jazz it up

That way it's not glaringly obvious that it's not quite the original colour, but it will give it that 'little something' to hint that the car is both modernized and special.