Main Menu

Poor Challenger used and abused

Started by Cudakiller70, September 02, 2018, 08:19:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudakiller70

Not a 70 as title says, still a Bummer,  talk about throwaway.

cudamadd

Four a minute there .I thought they crushed a 70 challenger But it was not thank you

Cudakiller70

Yup I noticed that too and forgot to mention it. Will edit. Thanks.

1 Wild R/T

The first scene clearly shows 70 Challenger tail lights... By the time the car is moving it's a 72-74...    Correction... It still has 70-71 markers.....  The car probably was pieced together from a few wrecks...The last scene you get a clear view of the 72-74 tail lights... 

They tore up allot of cool cars making that movie....

GY3R/T

RUNCHARGER

I agree that was something bubble gummed together. I was a bit upset when I seen it the first time but stopping the VHS tape I could see it was a frankenstein car.
Sheldon

TelisSE440

The director (writer, producer, protagonist, stunt driver for the scenes) H. B. Halicki, owned an impound and towing business. He had a lot of good/junk cars which he used during the film. Remember the beginning of the scenes when they tear up the red Challenger (cut in the middle at some point!) in order to flip the numbers to the stolen one which eventually is crashed. A lot of Challengers had to be put down... Also a 1971 Gran Coupe Barracuda can be seen here (yellow)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hP5QB642fw

soundcontrol

Damn, couldn't they have crushed a Camero instead like any normal filmmaker would do  :D

I once did a movie with a van in a carchase, it flipped around in the air and crashed into a foodstand.
It was a Chevy van, but as it flipped in the air they used a Ford, and the coming down shot was a Dodge!
It was not even the same color on the vans, but it went so fast so I could only see the difference while looking at it frame by frame  :)

wldgtx

Wow the police had a lot of problems navigating metal barrels.
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

HP2

Once upon a time, they were just old cars that got lousy gas mileage and smelled bad.

Cudakiller70

Quote from: HP2 on September 14, 2018, 11:53:08 AM
Once upon a time, they were just old cars that got lousy gas mileage and smelled bad.
LOL definitely truth there. If we only knew. Got a good chuckle out that  :bigthumb:

wldgtx

My Challenger still has a smell, but I swear to god... everyone that gets in it says "It has that awesome old car smell".

I think the FC7 paint and all original leather interior gets 'em in the feels.  :D
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

Cudakiller70

Quote from: wldgtx on September 14, 2018, 02:50:34 PM

My Challenger still has a smell, but I swear to god... everyone that gets in it says "It has that awesome old car smell".

I think the FC7 paint and all original leather interior gets 'em in the feels.  :D
https://www.autogeek.net/odor-bomb-car-fogger.html
In case you didn't know they make car smell foggers. Just like the bug foggers/bombs for home.
https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-50819-Odor-X-Kinetic/dp/B077JXS4Q6/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1536979890&sr=8-10&keywords=car+smell+eliminator#customerReviews

HP2

The latest Hot Rod posits that the reason why have barn finds is because of detached garages. IF these old cars were being driven out of and stored in attached garages, the  smell and mess they create would drive people to unload unrestored projects before they became barn finds.

soundcontrol

I think e-bodies have a special smell, all mine had smelled the same, different from other old cars, maybe its the plastic they used in the interior... :dunno: