Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

My son was informed that at his part time job he'll get a $2.00/hr raise  :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Wow US is now over 1035 deaths :andyangel:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Topcat

SF Bay area expected high death rates for the next 2 weeks. 
Ramping up very fast now.

Msbaugh440

I wish I could be quarantined, I might actually get something done on my Challenger! Unfortunately the refinery stays running no matter what happens, so no quarantine for me!

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on March 25, 2020, 08:27:57 PM
Not to belittle that in any way, but the seasonal flu caused (cdc estimate) 34000 deaths last year in the USA. I was shocked at the number when I first saw it when researching as best I could about corona and flu.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JS29

New York has half of the country's kung-flu cases!!! Were NUMBER ONE YAAAA!!!  :1place:

torredcuda

Quote from: dodj on March 26, 2020, 04:08:27 AM
Quote from: anlauto on March 25, 2020, 08:27:57 PM
Not to belittle that in any way, but the seasonal flu caused (cdc estimate) 34000 deaths last year in the USA. I was shocked at the number when I first saw it when researching as best I could about corona and flu.

so far we are well below regular flu deaths but look at Italy, 10,000 in just a few months and we are 5x the population. We are a lot more spread out in most areas but still our number could go a lot higher.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

If you take your countries total population and divide it by the current number of Covid-19 deaths....it gets real pretty quick seeing how it only really started 12 weeks ago....and we have a long way to go....

Canada: 35 deaths in 36 million people equals 1 in 1 million  :dunno:

USA: 1054 deaths in 323 million people equals 1 in 306K :'(

Italy: 7500 deaths in 60.6 million people equals 1 in 8080  :o

...and those numbers get worse every minute worldwide  :andyangel:

kdcarman

Quote from: anlauto on March 26, 2020, 09:43:18 AM
If you take your countries total population and divide it by the current number of Covid-19 deaths....it gets real pretty quick seeing how it only really started 12 weeks ago....and we have a long way to go....

Canada: 35 deaths in 36 million people equals 1 in 1 million  :dunno:

USA: 1054 deaths in 323 million people equals 1 in 306K :'(

Italy: 7500 deaths in 60.6 million people equals 1 in 8080  :o

...and those numbers get worse every minute worldwide  :andyangel:

And the numbers would be a lot worse if countries did not start taking preventative measures.
The flue this is NOT.
Maybe 12 - 18 months from now, when we have a vaccine, we can compare it to the regular flu. 

dodj

How the population is distributed has A LOT to do with it. Boston, New York, Washington I suspect will be the worst hit area of the States. The prairie areas, probably get through it in good shape. Italy may have a lot less people but they are all fit into the space of Florida. So I suspect the USA will fare much better than Italy. Unless they go back to normal for Easter....which was suggested.
Then there is Canada. 10% of the USA's population, and our country is bigger, people a lot more spread out. Probably be one of the least impacted counties.
Just my unqualified  :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

How about Russia....1 in 72million right now.....that's more like the odds of winning the lottery  :banana:

benlavigne

Quote from: anlauto on March 26, 2020, 10:01:32 AM
How about Russia....1 in 72million right now.....that's more like the odds of winning the lottery  :banana:

Well Putin did give the citizens a choice, 15 days in home, or 5 years in prison...

Ben

mccannix

Quote from: benlavigne on March 26, 2020, 10:43:30 AM
Quote from: anlauto on March 26, 2020, 10:01:32 AM

Well Putin did give the citizens a choice, 15 days in home, or 5 years in prison...

Ben
Or be like his counter dictator, new numbers there only last an average of 1/2 hour :Thud:

torredcuda

I don`t trust the source ( NYTimes ) but not a good scenario if it`s true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE68xVXf8Kw
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

GoodysGotaCuda

The other countries have had it much longer than we have, the next 14-20 days will be very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs