Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Any word on Pennsylvania ? Do will still think Carlisle is a go ? 100 days from now :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I think one month from now would be a good time to reassess things. It looks like N.Y. is really taking it on the chin right now.
Sheldon

anlauto

Today they announced all Ontario schools are closed until at least May 4th :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

YellowThumper

Density is the enemy. New York and surrounding areas. Los Angeles. Two of the worst places for it. Washington was just an unfortunate scenario with an infected health care worker working multiple sites.
New York was waaay too slow in enacting proper measures.
Now New Orleans is the hot bed. Can you say Mardi Gras mid February... Another state who took issue to lightly. Am sure the major $$$ from it played in that stupidity...

Also in reference to China and Russia not being honest.  How about Japan. Their count was almost nil but the numbers skyrocketed as soon as the Olympics were cancelled. Lying bastards!
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

kdcarman

Quote from: YellowThumper on March 31, 2020, 12:16:36 PM
Density is the enemy. New York and surrounding areas. Los Angeles. Two of the worst places for it. Washington was just an unfortunate scenario with an infected health care worker working multiple sites.
New York was waaay too slow in enacting proper measures.
Now New Orleans is the hot bed. Can you say Mardi Gras mid February... Another state who took issue to lightly. Am sure the major $$$ from it played in that stupidity...

Also in reference to China and Russia not being honest.  How about Japan. Their count was almost nil but the numbers skyrocketed as soon as the Olympics were cancelled. Lying bastards!

New York was way toooo slow to react.  Chicago schools and lock down happened before New York.  (How could that be?)
Florida Governor has done nothing - did not close the beaches.  Would not order a lock down because people needed to work.  WTF! Florida is going to turn into a mess.
New Orleans had Mardi Gras and another Governor that did nothing.
Washington - also had an usher infected at a football game.  That person spread the disease as well.

Hopefully the ugly is behind us in two months.   

JS29

Coumo has high approval ratings for his handling of this.  :looney: Sanctuary state is working well for us.  :headbang:

Rdchallenger

And now my job is on a national lockdown "Federal Bureau of Prisons". This will be fun walking into today. :Thud:

https://news.yahoo.com/federal-prison-officials-order-system-234434992.html

RUNCHARGER

FFS, April 1 and there is snow about 20 feet above us. Quarantine today it is.
Sheldon

screamindriver

Quote from: anlauto on March 31, 2020, 10:59:54 AM
Any word on Pennsylvania ? Do will still think Carlisle is a go ? 100 days from now :banana:
It's now a stay-at-home order state wide.. The count is going up fast for all counties..I'm looking at the projected 100-200 thousand death predictions nation wide and wonder just how bad it's going to get here..If NYC is stating the curve won't hit there until late april and our state is behind that then it's not looking good for even July unless some type of miracle cure happens...

anlauto

Quote from: screamindriver on April 01, 2020, 06:41:25 PM
It's now a stay-at-home order state wide.. The count is going up fast for all counties..I'm looking at the projected 100-200 thousand death predictions nation wide and wonder just how bad it's going to get here..If NYC is stating the curve won't hit there until late april and our state is behind that then it's not looking good for even July unless some type of miracle cure happens...

Have they closed your schools, parks, playgrounds etc...? Our schools are closed until at least May 4th

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: anlauto on April 01, 2020, 06:50:07 PM
Quote from: screamindriver on April 01, 2020, 06:41:25 PM

Have they closed your schools, parks, playgrounds etc...? Our schools are closed until at least May 4th

Schools closed through May 4th here in TX, but I fully expect kids won't see a school until the next school year.

I think people will be taken back by the fact the "national stockpile" is pretty much depleted, per Trump's discussion today. The US has dilly-dallied long enough that the damage has very likely been done and it's simply a waiting game to see how overwhelmed we will become. I just really hope we are able to take better care of our hospital workers and keep them healthy with the proper equipment.

This is going to be a bumpy 2-4 weeks.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Topcat

The dust from all this won't settle for things to get back to somewhat normal until at least mid June.  :console:   :Thud:

California:  Quoted next 2 weeks as "Horrific"

js27

It is funny how all the news only reports how many deaths. Nobody reports on the TEN'S of Thousands of people who survive. They also Never tell you the pre existing conditions of the dead. Elderly people and people who have heart-lung or kidney disease make up most of the fatalities. All this doom and gloom is being shoved it our faces for no reason. Covid 19 is not Ebola. It is just another flu. EVERY flu season tens of thousands of people die. This year alone the flu seasons which starts in October has claimed over 30,000 people. No news media reports that. H1N1 had over 60 Million cases with over 18,000 death. Guess what there was no shortage of Toilet paper then. Let keep things in perspective here. There is a lot more going on here that just a flu.
We had to cancel our yearly trip to PA last week because of all this panic. My Sister still lives there and is a NP ( Nurse Practitioner) she has been seeing 100 people a day. They got hit hard because of all the New Yorkers and New Jerseryers who live in PA and commute or have summer homes there and brought Covid 10 with them. They came in and bought out all the supplies out of the local stores. I think Carlisle has a chance of still going on but it all depends on how fast they can contain the spread and get a cure distributed.
JS27

torredcuda

My Mom called yesterday, sister and brother in law have it, he was in the hospital with pneumonia and 105 temp but was sent home after a day due to no beds. He`s doing a bit better with meds but we are still worried, he`s 69 or 70 yrs old, good health but starting alzhemers. They live in Mass north of Boston, think one of their kids brought it home.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Brads70

Quote from: torredcuda on April 02, 2020, 09:46:05 AM
My Mom called yesterday, sister and brother in law have it, he was in the hospital with pneumonia and 105 temp but was sent home after a day due to no beds. He`s doing a bit better with meds but we are still worried, he`s 69 or 70 yrs old, good health but starting alzhemers. They live in Mass north of Boston, think one of their kids brought it home.

:thumbdown:  Sorry to hear this Jeff.