Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

I believe the quarantine needs to end for many reasons q

soundcontrol

Quote from: dodj on May 04, 2020, 04:53:14 AM
Sweden appears to be just into the top ten for deaths by population. But, a lot better than some countries that had locked down. Too late maybe?
Shows its possible to get through if you follow distancing but still go to work /school. You won't have as much economic fallout I'm thinking?

We did get high on the death count, it's slowing down a lot now, and all countries around us are opening up, hopefully that goes well.
Our economy will probably not be as bad as the total lockdown countries, some branches are worse than others, travel & hotels, etc.
Other do not suffer as much. Time will tell.

Fastmark

What people fail to realize ( or want to admit) is simple, this virus is not going away. It will spread constantly. My small town of 130,000 shut down just like everywhere else. We did not have all that many cases. Today we have the most cases we have ever had. It got in a food plant, they made cookies and pastries. It got in two prisons. 1/3 of all the firemen in town have got it along with 20 cops. It will keep growing now that we are opening back up. We can't shut down the world and kill this stuff. It will spread. We've had 5 deaths so far. It will kill and it will find the weakest. Some people will react worst than others. It may have been in our country long before we suspect. I think my brother in law and his wife had it in February but recovered. They were tested for flu and was negative. I may have  had it in January. I was sick for three weeks. My Son was sick the same way.  My wife just had a cough. She went to WA on March 6-10 when the first cases were discovered at the nursing home. Her son in laws firehouse was exposed at the hospital were the first cases from the nursing home came from. My point is this. If you have a healthy immune system, you can fight the diseases. Right now we don't know what factors help you survive this or contribute to your not being able to fight it off. It's just like when the first Europeans came to this North America, some Native Americans were not able to fight off the diseases that Europe had built up immunity to. They were wiped out. Any disease can kill. This is just the latest one. We are all going to die someday. Even Bill Gates. Just like Billy Graham. I guess the difference is how you live and how you prepare for that death. My dad would get the flu easily. He had some bad times with it. I used to catch every cold or flu anyone else around me had. I started eating more healthy  foods, cut way down on sugars, taking vitamins, not getting vaccinations and antibiotics every time I got a sniffle and now I don't get sick very often and can fight off infection better. Guess what? I'm still going to die from something. And as far as the conspiracy out there? If you believe our government or the people with lots of money are honest with us. Well that's another topic all together.

RUNCHARGER

My province is way behind everyone else in case and death counts and yet our government still has everyones hands tied behind their backs. Quebec has almost more deaths and cases than the rest of Canada combined and yet they are pretty much open for business.
Sheldon

JS29

:bravo:  :iagree: My nephew is a germ-aphob and has been practicing quarantine most of his life. I call it hiding and he has no immunity from anything. Oh Ya and is a liberal and watches only CNN.  :headbang:   

torredcuda

Perspective:

WE ARE NOT IN THE SAME BOAT ...
I heard that we are all in the same boat, but it's not like that. We are in the same storm, but not in the same boat. Your ship could be shipwrecked and mine might not be. Or vice versa.

For some, quarantine is optimal. A moment of reflection, of re-connection, easy in flip flops, with a cocktail or coffee. For others, this is a desperate financial & family crisis. For others it is working 60 hours a week remotely with no break.

For some that live alone they're facing endless loneliness. While for others it is peace, rest & time with their mother, father, sons & daughters.

With the $600 weekly increase in unemployment some are bringing in more money to their households than they were working. Many others are working more hours for less money due to pay cuts or loss in sales.

Some families of 4 just received $3400 from the stimulus while other families of 4 saw $0.

Some were concerned about getting a certain candy for Easter while others were concerned if there would be enough bread, milk and eggs for the weekend.

Some want to go back to work because they don't qualify for unemployment and are running out of money. Others want to kill those who break the quarantine.

Some are home spending 2-3 hours/day helping their child with online schooling while others are spending 2-3 hours/day to educate their children on top of a 10-12 hour workday.

Some have experienced the near death of the virus, some have already lost someone from it and some are not sure if their loved ones are going to make it. Others don't believe this is a big deal. And others are in total denial.

Some have faith in G_d and expect miracles during this 2020. Others say the worst is yet to come.

So, friends, we are not in the same boat. We are going through a time when our perceptions and needs are completely different.

Each of us will emerge, in our own way, from this storm. It is very important to see beyond what is seen at first glance. Not just looking, actually seeing.

We are all on different ships during this storm experiencing a very different journey.

Realize that and be kind.

Unknown author
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

benlavigne

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 06, 2020, 07:36:09 AM
My province is way behind everyone else in case and death counts and yet our government still has everyones hands tied behind their backs. Quebec has almost more deaths and cases than the rest of Canada combined and yet they are pretty much open for business.

Sheldon, Quebec is still pretty much closed and has been for over 6 weeks now... They have authorized elementary schools (Voluntary basis) and some retail stores to open this week, but away from Montreal, where 90% of cases are. It will be another 2 weeks at least before they are allowed to be open in Montreal, where 65% of the population lives. Some sectors such as construction and manufacturing are slowly getting back in business. They had closed roads to the different regions outside of Montreal, are opening them now, but the authorities there are saying they don't want us to show up in their towns! We'll see how this deconfinement affect rates outside of Montreal.
Over 90% of fatalities were in the Montreal region, and 95% are older folks in care centers, highlighting the accumulated deficiencies in the public system and low wages for . Also, they are counting every death that is even remotely related as Covid, but most were on their last legs anyway.... Once we get over this and everybody tallies their numbers, and compares them to previous fatality rates, we'll have a clearer picture... Our numbers seem high, even though numbers showed a few weeks ago that we were the most observant of quarantine in all 60 states and provinces...

Stay safe,

Ben

7212Mopar

I agree all are not on the same boat. For sure the economic consequences is real and will arrive soon. It does not matter if you are working or not now. It will affect all in one way or the others. Then we have to deal with this again after summer. I think tough time ahead friends. Start thinking how to weather through what is to come the best we can.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

anlauto

I'm worried about our future taxes...our Government is giving away money like it's growing on trees...guess who's going to have to pay that back in the coming years...wasn't "income tax" started to "pay for the war"  ? Isn't the "war" paid off by now ? :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on May 06, 2020, 12:44:46 PM
I'm worried about our future taxes...our Government is giving away money like it's growing on trees
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
The trudopes were always big on spending like drunken sailors....Pierre Elliot, and now Justin.
There will be some kind of "Covid" tax somewhere down the line...

My apologies to Naval personnel having a good time...it's an expression...
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

RUNCHARGER

Yup: Most of this "free money" was totally unecessary, it's like our govt. is trying to go bust.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

I wonder why I left Canaduh far behind  :thinking:

torredcuda

Should probably take that stimulus check and put it in the bank to pay for the higher taxes the next few years.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

JS29

Quote from: torredcuda on May 07, 2020, 05:42:44 AM
Should probably take that stimulus check and put it in the bank to pay for the higher taxes the next few years.
:yes: :iagree: :crying:

superdave

I might add that, it appears,  to eighty percent never knew they they even had the virus. But overall that's perhaps the best thing I've read on the subject.