Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: superdave on May 07, 2020, 07:01:06 AM
   I might add that, it appears,  to eighty percent never knew they they even had the virus. But overall that's perhaps the best thing I've read on the subject.

Sounds like a great PARTY :grouphug: :drunk: :drunk: :happybday: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/a-new-source-of-coronavirus-spread-covid-19-parties/ar-BB13Jvmj?ocid=spartandhp

"...A county in Washington State dealing with a coronavirus outbreak has identified a confounding new source of spread: "Covid-19 parties" organized so that people can deliberately mingle with an infected person in the hope of getting their own illness out of the way. "
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7212Mopar

Well. Those are Walla Walla County people so they do the Walla Walla things.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

JH27N0B

Although not dedicated Covid-19 parties, there are big parties popping up in Chicago west and south side neighborhoods all the time now.  The Chicago cops show up and try to break things up, but the girls come out in the street and start dancing around basically thumbing their noses (and shaking their booties) in the faces of the cops, who won't do much because the city got in some sort of settlement with the ACLU where they have to spend an hour doing paperwork if they so much as ask someone for ID, due to allegations they were targeting minorities.
Then we get the all too predictable "woke" handwringing in the media because minorities are catching and dying of Covid 19 at higher rates than others, thus further "proving" what a terrible racist country we are.  :headbang:
You can't make this stuff up, crazy....  :drunk:

dodj

Quote from: superdave on May 07, 2020, 07:01:06 AM
   I might add that, it appears,  to eighty percent never knew they they even had the virus. But overall that's perhaps the best thing I've read on the subject.
That's why mass testing is so important. To get the complete picture
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

dodj

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 06, 2020, 09:44:14 PM
I wonder why I left Canaduh far behind  :thinking:
There's no other country I'd rather call home.  :alan2cents:

There's other places I'd rather spend the winter....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on May 07, 2020, 11:30:18 AM

Ain't that the truth  :canada: :canada: :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JS29

dodj

Quote from: JS29 on May 07, 2020, 12:14:11 PM
:unitedstates: But NOT New York!  :pullinghair:
It was on my bucket list to visit. I think I'll wait a while. Like 2 or 3 years anyway.

JH27N0B

I've never been to New York City.  Now days I think of going to NYC like I think of skydiving.  I wish I could say I did it years ago, but at this point in my life, I have no desire to go.

anlauto

We went to NYC just before the 911 memorial was open, I would like to go back to see that.....Maybe we'll wait for the Covid-19 memorial to be opened  :)

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: dodj on May 07, 2020, 11:30:18 AM

Ok really ? Last week they made criminals out of a lot maybe most gun owners with the stroke of a pen , no discussion in Parliament or vote , you may not own a gun or care but what of your rights will they take away next week with no say ? You pay on average over 50% in taxes , fees or service charges so trudoh will not build a military or support old people but he will give it away to any UN cause , very little is returned to the people who pay! A Canaduh stands by while Trudoh  commits crimes without punishment & goes on vacation 11 times / year . Why would anyone put up with this ?
Out there behind the trees somewhere there is actually a forest , but I won't argue or return to Caanduh ever .

JS29

Let me rephrase that, The state of New York!!!!! There is more to New York than that city.  :verymad:

dodj

@Chryco Psycho
I did not mean to hijack this over to politics. The problems you mention are very real. I'm not happy politically speaking.
I am looking at it this way.
Canada and Canadians are great.
USA and Americans are great.
The politicians of both counties are F&^%$'d. In different ways, but still F&^%$'d.

Now I better not say anything more political or I'll be banned.... :o

IRON MAN

I was born in New York City. I spent a whole summer in 1980 living at the south end of Central Park at 52nd and 2nd. Lived on the 25th floor of a skyscraper. To find parking for my 64 El Camino was a real adventure. People have said not everybody can be on the streets and sidewalks in Manhattan at the same time...it is that over populated. No wonder covid-19 spread so fast. I have stayed several times there.  Must admit there is a lot to do. If you have the money NYC has everything. No desire to go back.

soundcontrol

An interview with one of our Swedish experts, make sense to me.

"Infection protection expert and WHO advisor Johan Giesecke thinks we should wait for a year to compare the death toll between different countries, he says in an interview with Dagens Nyheter.
He tells the magazine that he was recently in contact with state epidemiologist Mika Salminen in Finland, who has so far managed to keep the covid-19 death toll at a very low level. But it also means that few Finns have had the infection.
- They have a large proportion of the population that will be susceptible to the disease in the fall. And he is really worried about what happens then, when you start to ease the limitations. That's when people die. They will catch up with us, this also applies to Denmark and Norway, says Giesecke.
He is a great defender of the Swedish strategy and tells DN that we are the best in the world. He compares to the island nation of New Zealand, which aims to eliminate the virus. Giesecke wonders what the authorities should do when the virus is no longer in the country.
- This means that everyone traveling to New Zealand must quarantine for 14 days. If there is no good vaccine, we talk about decades before it can be changed, he notes.
According to Johan Giesecke, all people will get the disease covid-19, sooner or later.
- It can't be slowed down and will kill about as many people per capita and country, he tells DN.
Giesecke is convinced that the countries that shut down their communities altogether will instead receive a large number of deaths in the fall, winter and next year. He describes the virus as "a natural disaster"."